or Connect

Posts by bigfoot

We had this same problem for quite some time! We thought it made the most sense to switch which breast the babies ate from at each feeding but it was contributing to the problem. The solution you always read for oversupply is to block feed, but how do you do that with two babies? For my wife the answer was to assign each baby a breast and only switch once a week (now every 3-5 days). Also by the time we figured it out she was tandem feeding and that can make it worse, but...
Our twins are now 6 months-old and I wanted to jump in with additional words of encouragement on breastfeeding, cloth diapering, and babywearing! We are exclusively breastfeeding and cloth diapering. In fact we were prepared for both of us to breastfeed but my wife had oversupply. It's not possible for everyone but it is definitely possible! I was nervous about keeping up with cloth diaper laundry but it has been easy even with both of us now back at work. We started right...
Isa - before we had our twins I never really thought about how there were different level NICUs. It turned out our local hospital only has a "special care nursery," so if we had delivered before 34 weeks we wouldn't have the hospital or the OB practice we started out with. We decided we wanted at least that one thing not to be up in the air. We also hated that OB practice, so we ended up going with a practice that would have us deliver at the hospital with a NICU. Our...
Woohoo, congrats Isa! Welcome to the multiples club. It's pretty great here!
Everyone's kids are so cute! That matador costume is amazing. Here is O the vicious lion and M the amazing lion tamer.     
Congrats sphinxy! I can't wait to hear your birth story! Re: wool and prefolds and covers: I love the homemade soakers mrsandmrs made with the pattern she linked. I somehow have a knack for getting a really snug fit in a prefold with a snappi and have yet to have poo get on any of our wool. I'm sure it will happen now that I typed this. I do have some hand-me-down and craigslisted fitteds but I am too much of a cheapskate about diapers to buy anymore. Even our prefolds...
Escher - how are you feeling? You are getting closer to having two kids! I hope you are feeling well. You had asked how we were doing awhile ago and I have been MIA!   Seraf- I miss all the photos you used to post of the your two S boys!    Pokey - good luck on your trip. I sort of wish we had some travel plans in the future, but also can't imagine trying to take both babies on a plane. Actually, it is really just one of the babies I can't imagine taking on a plane at...
Good luck, Sphinxy! So excited for you. 
I don't think there are a ton of us with older kids that post regularly. I have a 17 year-old, though I also have newborn twins so my sleep deprived brain doesn't have a lot of words of wisdom these days.
Ahhh, I'm loving all the babies!!! We have quite a crew right now. They are all so adorable.   Our boys will be one month old tomorrow.