or Connect

Posts by CandyLandQueen

Thank you for all the replies! I'm sorry for being so late to get back and update. My LO is now 13 mo and we have moved (only seasonally) to CO and have been away from the MIL for the whole summer. It has been such a relief because she was really getting obsessive about DS and I was having a hard time dealing with her constant presence. We will be going back to our hometown this winter where my MIL is eagerly awaiting to see DS again.. so much so that she volunteered to...
Hello! A few days ago I was with my inlaws celebrating my birthday. My MIL is wonderful, a bit bossy but the good far, far outweighs the bad and she has been a wonderful baby sitter for my 8mo son. She is very well meaning, raised 3 kids of her own, has watched other babies in the recent past, and seems all around baby-savvy. So why did I walk into the kitchen and she had my baby on the kitchen counter sitting alone while she had her back to him cooking??? Her kitchen...
I hear you! My mantra right now is, "A healthy immune system kicks a flu shots butt any day!" My DS is 6 months and he's not getting a flu shot. When there are waves of sickness going through my community I try to keep my boy home, we go out for walks but stay away from crowded places, I wash my hands and make everyone else wash their hands when they come home and he's not on solids yet so I'm just making sure I'm eating the highest quality diet possible for his breast...
I hear the GF diet also really helps for energy too! I know, it sucks. I love bread. ;)
Welll... I hate to say it, but I have had arthritis in my hands for years (I'm only 28! I've done a lot of hard labor in my life and my mom has chronic arthritis they think is fribro myalgia ) and the only thing that helped was to go GF. Wheat is highly inflammatory. It would be worth it to try a GF diet (it totally sounds harder than it is!) for 3 months and see if that makes a difference. I couldn't even shake people's hands or take the plastic seal off mayo jars. The...
Hello! I have always struggled with constipation but when I got pregnant it got worse. While I was pregnant I started taking a potassium pill everyday to help with restless legs and it actually helped me to have regular BMs as well, so the whole second and third tri went great as far as regularity. Then once my babe was born I started to get really backed up, I wasn't taking the potassium as regularly, but I went on a magnesium regimen which would produce BMs but I could...
Hi! So my boy is almost 6months old and he seems to be showing interest in foods. I have been considering introducing little bits of food, but of course leaving my milk as his main food source. However, everyone seems to be coming down with the flu right now and other sicknesses... I've gotten sick once and so has my husband but the boy has been healthy. I'm wondering if I should hold off on introducing foods till the worst of the flu season is behind us. I am making...
The Weston Price Foundation advises giving cod liver oil, vitamin C, and B12 in preparation for vaccines; I've also seen some threads here about giving these supplements. My babe is 5mos old now and we are thinking about starting an alternative schedule at 6mos. I'm wondering mostly about giving CLO to my boy because he's so young and there is a risk of fish allergy, right? Is it safer to give a different source of Vit A? If I take it will he get it through the milk?...
Thanks for the tips! I do have a regular yoga practice and I'm not a particularly stressed person, so I don't think that's it :) I'm going to try the colon hydrotherapy and see if that helps. I've got an appointment with my naturopath Dr.  
Hi friends! So I am 5 months post-partum and still struggling terribly with constipation. In fact, I had this issue long before I was pregnant. I feel like I have tried all of the standard recommendations: I've eaten 40-50g of fiber/day, daily bone broth, homemade daily kombucha, a scoop of homemade fermented sauerkraut daily... 90% of my diet is homemade, at least 70% is plant-based. The only thing that has seemed to help is taking ionic magnesium daily, like Peter...