or Connect

Posts by xyz0145

Congrats to all who already have their babies. To those of us still waiting, I wish us some patience as we do and at the same time that the babies come soon.   Being the  first time, I have almost freaked out in the last two days. I started loosing my mucous plug two days ago (Sunday). I was so happy and thought that meant that by latest Monday my baby would come. I had no contractions. Pardon my ignorance :) . My sister shared her experience that within hours of loosing...
Congratulations 
Xyz are you not eligible for FMLA? I'm pretty sure it's illegal for your employer to not allow you to take unpaid maternity leave -- you should be entitled to 12 weeks. But I confess I don't know all the rules. What are you planning to do for childcare with a 2-week-old?! If you can manage it financially I would try to take a few more weeks...  I am not in the US actually. It is no illegal here. To be entitled to maternity leave, it is usually required that one would...
 Congratulations!!. How are you and the baby and how is the breastfeeding experience?
Whao... glad to read this. I wish you a smooth, easy and safe delivery. Hoping to hear the good news of the birth soon
Nice to read from everyone. I was given 18th as my due date but after I relocated, I had to change to another hospital and they calculated theirs as 20th. It really does not matter I guess. My friend keeps asking me whether my baby has dropped lower into the pelvis I am not sure I know how that would feel but in my opinion the baby has not. Although the pressure in my pelvis has increased greatly and I pee almost every 2-3 hours now especially at night. I have been having...
Hi everyone. So it's February and I have been checking on this DDC to see announcements from people about the birth of their babies.   I am 38 weeks+1 day and already wishing my baby would be out asap. I have been so anxious and getting tired of the waiting game. But having read about the diversity of people's experiences, I am thinking I better relax and enjoy the waiting. I had always hoped for a delivery before the due date. It's quite discouraging to hear some tell...
Thanks for your responses. Quite enlightening.
Thanks a lot. You have been most helpful.   My mum has stretch marks. And my sister does, though hers is due to fat not pregnancy. 
Hello all,   How have you been? I have been following the posts on this forum for a while but just didn't have much to say. Now I do and it's about Halloween.   I am an African who recently relocated to Europe so pardon my ignorance. Halloween isn't something celebrated in our side of the world.   So what is the whole concept of  Halloween about and when is it celebrated? My husband says it's some celebration of dead people or spirits and does not support it. I...