or Connect

Posts by landofjuncovill

I read about a month ago that Israel was asking for people, especially children to get vaccinated for polio. The live vaccine.  I believe it was specifically for people in southern Israel by Beersheba (capital of Negev).  Apparently it was found in the sewage system.   I would probably vaccinate if it was a problem where you are but would do the dead vaccine. I would not do the live one.
My mom is a nurse and was told that if she didn't get the flu shot (which she didn't want) she would have to wear a mask at all times during flu season.  My husband is an orthopaedic sales rep and is in the OR.  All reps must now be vaccinated, sign a waiver or test for immunity.  If not they are denied access which means no business $$$.  They should have given you some other options like these. They may not want to deal with it with new hires.  You may want to check laws...
We have never given our babies Hep B.  We did Vit K for first 6 babies, and the last one #7 we declined Vit K as well. All of our babies had jaundice except for #7 (the one that didn't get Vit K). Coincidence? We think not. My hubby did his research before I gave birth and he found that Vitamin K shot increases jaundice in babies. I believe Dr Mercola had a great article on this.  Unless you have some blood clotting disorder I don't know why every baby should get this. As...
I had the CP as a child and got shingles in my early twenties. They were recurring through the years and finally stopped a couple of years ago (I'm 40 now) I have 7 unvaxed kids and they were exposed to my shingles (well at least the first 6 were). None of them have ever gotten the CP. I have breastfed all of them and some even touched my sores which would break out on my left shoulder. So I don't think it's a big deal.
There's a Whole Foods market in Orlando so I would do all your shopping before getting to your apartment so you don't have to go back out. We have traveled with our unvaxed kids many times by plane. To different states and to the islands. We've never had a problem. We are crazy about hand washing and do take our own snacks. Once you pass security you can buy bottled water. Unfortunately, we just took a trip to Israel and are sick with the flu. I know this is the flu...
Recently a doctor my husband works with received the tetanus vaccine. A few weeks later it seems he has developed some type of arthritis (do not know all the details) that has left him limited in the OR and in daily tasks such as putting on socks. His hands are his livelihood. He is now on steroids and much better. Hardly sleeps due to the steroids. He is in his 50-60's. I would not get this vaccine.
Definitely the antibiotics you took could have triggered this. I would do probiotics. You are right about the gut flora. You may want to get off dairy if you are nursing, and also try eliminating other allergens until you find what it could be. You could give her a liquid acidophilus, but consult with you doc about dosage. My first had cradle cap and she is now 16 and still battles eczema and is very allergic and sensitive. Look into NAET. I did it with my son who battled...