or Connect

Posts by needingadvice

I appreciate all of your responses.  Thanks so much for taking the time to add feedback! Yes, we have been referred for therapy and we were seeing a physical therapist, but because we live in a small town, the services are poor.  They have only been able to see our son about once every 4 weeks and it seems like they don't know how to help.  The pediatrician that didn't detect CP said that his therapy should be to "just let him play."  The pedi neurologist, however, said...
Hi, I am new to this forum.  I would love to hear any stories of what the symptoms of cerebral palsy looked like for your son/daughter.  Our pediatric neurologist feels our son may fall under the umbrella of mild CP.  We are in the process of genetic testing to rule out any other possibilities.  Our son is now 20 months old and is beginning to walk.  When he first started to push his cart, he sort of dragged his right foot, which he doesn't do anymore.  Some...
I am new to this forum and am desperate for feedback!  I've searched all over the internet to find someone that can comment on our situation.  We feel very alone in this as we live in a small town, so are unable to meet with other parents of special needs children. Our son is 20 months old and in the process of being diagnosed.  Our pediatric neurologist feels he may fall under the umbrella of mild cerebral palsy, but we are now waiting on the results of genetic testing...