or Connect

Posts by Danie Love

I don't want to be mean but seriously? I grew up on boxed or canned food. I didn't know about nutrition or how to cook most veggies. Healthy food was very limited in my house. This WAS my parents fault. They simply did not prioritize eating well.  In fact when I was about 25 years old I finally saw an unprocessed jar of pasta sauce at a friends house who worked a natural supermarket. I was shocked to see only 5 ingredients on the back. How could you even make food...
Hello, First, I wanted to say it is so hard to lose the ones you love in this way and I am sending my positive thoughts and vibes your way. I lost my best friend last year to suicide and it is such a hard thing to cope with. Second, I wanted to extend a forum to you that has been really supportive and helped me heal so much. They also will be able to help you know how to help your children as well. It really is a lifeline. http://forum.forsuicidesurvivors.com/  
First, good on you for being accepting and supportive. I think you handled it perfectly. Second being Bi is a little misunderstood both by the straight community and the gay community. There are a lot of typical sterotypes or ideas people have about being bi-sexual that aren't true. I would probably educate yourself on those because if and when he does decide to be more vocal about it you could be there for him when people make these...
Hello, I recently found this thread after declining health for the past 4 years. I  had the copper IUD inserted 6 week PP after my son was born, almost 6 years ago. Previous to having my last son, I had my copper IUD for 3 years. So total, I had the copper IUD for 9 years of my life. Like many of you, I decided to use the copper IUD because my body cannot handle hormonal birth control. This is the second day with it out. I took it out myself by squatting, finding the...
Hi, My son is intact and until the day before yesterday there haven't been any problems. This might not even be related to him being intact but I wanted some advice because I am still learning about having an intact son. The first thing that happened is the night before last night he peed in his bed. He came and told me about it and I figured it was a pee dream so I told him not to worry about it. Then yesterday he peed in his pants. He told me he tried to make...
Hello, I have been pretty natural in my parenting for a while now. I grew into my approach by following my instincts over the years. My daughter is 15, and my two sons are 11 and 5. I am happy to find Mothering because I still have questions come up where I could use advice of other mothers who have a similar view of parenting. I am also a teacher living in AZ but hope to move to Washington soon!
Hi, My son is intact and until the day before yesterday there haven't been any problems. This might not even be related to him being intact but I wanted some advice because I am still learning about having an intact son. The first thing that happened is the night before last night he peed in his bed. He came and told me about it and I figured it was a pee dream so I told him not to worry about it. Then yesterday he peed in his pants. He told me he tried to make...