or Connect

Posts by srieger

One day soon you will be amazed at how much better you will feel!!   I have a 5 month old and definitely felt the same way you do in the beginning.  I could not believe how BFing could hurt more than labour! I remember trying to take deeeeep breaths and count in my head to 30 or so until the pain would start to subside.  I had milk blisters and could not slather the lavolin on enough! (Not that I think that it did much good but it was all I had!) Showering was all...
Thank you ladies!  I don't think I really thought too much about distraction before I read y'alls replies and of course, you are right! The women in my family have always given the advice of having lots of noise when feeding your baby (i.e "Run the vacuum", "turn up the radio") as this makes for "hard sleepers" in later years.  I always believed this to be true as you could run a train station out of my bedroom and I would remain undisturbed! So...thank you! I have...
My DD has always been a good eater and we really haven't had any challenges in the BF department...until recently.  For the last week she has been doing these backbends (and sometimes crying) to get away from the nipple and then comes back and sucks for a few seconds and then another backbend.  I know she is eating because it runs down her cheek when she disconnects but I don't know why she doesn't settle for any length of time.  Has this ever happened to you? She...
I wish I would have known that the entire birth event can be really really fast (even if it's your first time)! Like a lot of you, I was very well read and "prepared" for the birth and was expecting contractions to begin and then become closer together over time.  In actuality, the contractions came out of nowhere and were 30 seconds to 60 seconds apart from the beginning. It was totally wild!   I also wish that I would have known that the intense pressure that I...
We had a wonderful woman encapsulate my placenta for our baby's home birth.  She came over the day our baby was born and the next day brought back 160 capsules and a broth that I drank during the first few days.  I took the capsules just as she instructed with more in the first few weeks and then tapering off.  I personally credit the capsules for making the transition from preggers to happy mummy so smooth for me.  I also have a tincture with the last few pills soaking...
I sat next to a woman on a plane a few years ago that had the same hard decision you are faced with. She chose to send her young son with his dad for a week or so as a "get to know you" trip since the dad hadn't been around.  She felt that it was in the best interest of her son to spend time with his dad. The whole flight she was a nervous wreck because she was going to meet the ex mother in law at the airport to pick up her son...apparently the role of "dad" was too...
Oh, too bad!  I had a home birth with a midwife but my labour was almost 4 hours.  I would be happy to help if you can use our story!
How many weeks are you? 40 + 3   What crazy things are you doing to usher in labour? Everything! EPO (three ways), pineapple, raspberry tea, Indian food, making out, accupressure, warm baths, walking, stretch and sweep last Wed... I know I'm forgetting something!!   Any early labour signs? We were 3 cm and 50% effaced on Wed, pretty sure I lost the mucus plug the next day (had to use google image :-) and this morning I had clear fluid leaking out when I'd...
Oops! I guess I should have mentioned how far along I am! Sorry! My first GBS test was at 36 weeks.  Once it came back positive we discussed with our midwives the chance that it would not go away permanently and even a negative second test doesn't mean you are 100% out of the woods.  We decided to start the regimen at week 37 as it lasts 10 days and we wanted the negative result as close to the due date as possible.  I am now 39 weeks and just took the second test....
Hi everyone, I just wanted to pass on the regimen that allowed for a negative Strep B test after I originally tested positive 2 weeks ago.  The following is what I took/ ate each day for 10+ days.   1) Odorless garlic - 2 capsules/ 3 x per day 2) Oral probiotics- 1 capsule/ 3 x a day 3) Vaginal probiotic supplement- 1 capsule each night for 10 days 4) Nutribiotic grapefruit seed extract- 4 drops per 8oz bottle of water- used as a perineum cleanser at least 3...