or Connect

Posts by EloiseMM

(Before I forget... I meant to mention a very important thing. Grain products can be healthy, but if you don't prepare them properly, they take minerals away from your body because of pythic acid... like calcium, iron, zinc... that's probably part of why I got so sick).   A lot of icky details in this post, you might not want to read if you're eating :P       I never got tested for allergies, I was too sick so I couldn't work. Without insurance, I couldn't see a...
So happy to hear his diapers are better. Hope he sleeps better soon.   As for the apples, I can't remember if you did, can you cook apple slices in coconut oil? If you cook them they'll be easier to digest. I slice 4 small apples and stir-fry them in 3 heaping tablespoons of oil. Let the oil melt in the pan, and then add the sliced apples. It's done cooking when the slices split in half when you touch them, and the oil is completely absorbed.   You can cook a big...
      Neuro stuff is not voodoo. I spent almost a decade nearly disabled with loss of sensitivity in my feet and hands, numbness, severe brain fog (it was dangerous to use kitchen appliances unsupervised), burning/prickling feeling on my skin (mostly arms and feet), severe sensitivity to sound and light, couldn't move my fingers and my left knee after I woke up (had to wait a few hours before I could use my hands). I couldn't take showers unsupervised because I was too...
Hmm...   They make you go through all the classes before even checking if your house can pass the home study?   My husband and I work Saturdays, so both of us taking 8 Saturdays off (for classes) would put a dent on our income. It would be good if we could find out if our apartment can pass the home study or not, so we don't have to miss out on those days of work. If there's something about our apartment that would fail us, our classes would be in vain since we...
To prevent damage to the intestines and reverting to how sick I was before, I need to eat traditionally prepared grains like fresh sourdough instead of the kind of bread you'd find at the grocery store. The ingredients should be: flour, water, salt. Nothing more, nothing less.   Let me tell you a great example that will make you see how big a deal this is: I can eat one huge loaf of sourdough in the morning all by myself, and I feel no gluten intolerance...
Maybe I'll mention this, I didn't feel comfortable putting this out there because people never believe me when I tell them (they look at me like I'm stupid). But I'll share in case it helps your boy.       I wasn't always intolerant to gluten. Growing up we had our own fields with corn, wheat, barley, and so on. I ate lots of sour-dough bread everyday! I ate fresh pasta (we made it at home ourselves), and corn bread with fish.   But these foods were prepared differently...
Wow,I't's so great to see it's going well !   How much does he like eggs? If you want him to stay full longer, maybe he could have 2 eggs for breakfast. Some people cook them in coconut oil (2 or 3 tbsp ). This would have the bonus of adding extra fat to his diet that's lacking from the rice milk.   As for quick food or snacks, we always have leftover meat of some sort which we shred if we want a quick snack. A filling one is spicy shredded beef and mashed...
Thank you all for your help -- called, and set up a time for an informational meeting!   Do you know if this type of meeting is just for my husband and or my husband, or is it with other parents too? (I forgot to ask, but maybe someone here knows how it generally is) This is with the county.     Here's hoping it goes well, so I can tell my family soon!
I used to be a meal plan goddess, really good at it, but it almost felt like a full time job!   Now what I do is a lot more simple. I don't even write it down. Our plates are half protein, half vegetables. For each dinner, I use two vegetables.   PROTEIN VEGETABLE   1 VEGETABLE  2 (1) Chuck beef sliced red cabbage sliced red onions (2)Roast chicken mashed potato & sweet...
Hey, let's get this thread going again! My contribution:   Brussel sprouts fried rice (if you don't have brussel sprouts, use frozen peas) For every 2 people: