or Connect

Posts by Plummeting

I wouldn't worry too much about the midwife not arriving on time for your first baby. It's possible, but it's really unlikely for a first baby. Heck, it's actually pretty unlikely for any baby, but especially a first. My helpful advice is something that a lot of people probably disagree with, but having had three babies, NONE of whose births went anything like I anticipated, I think one of my best pieces of advice is not to overly plan anything. Just don't get any ideas...
Sort of. :) It's not that the nausea causes a reduction in your likelihood of miscarrying, but the nausea does signal that you are less likely to miscarry. It's not a cause and effect relationship, but they are related.
Yes, you eat a meal. You wait an hour after your first bite. Then you test. Then you can test again two hours later, but if your one hour number was normal, that's not really necessary. You need to do it after several meals though. Fasting blood sugar is only taken first thing in the morning, before you eat anything at all.  
Congratulations!  
It isn't even possible to determine that until the woman is in labor. A general, "X number of babies develop GBS sepsis without ABX" is way too general, since the breakdown is so vastly different for women with different risk factors. A 40 week pregnancy ending in a 60 minute labor, in which the water breaks 2 minutes before the baby is born, with no fever or other symptoms of infection, will have a LOT less risk of GBS sepsis than a 37 week pregnancy ending in a 23 hour...
Mine broke 7 or 8 hours before contractions with my first. It broke a little over an hour before contractions with my second. It broke right at the start of contractions (that I wasn't even sure were contractions) with my third. I don't know if it's usually random, but I'm 3 for 3 on water breaking before or right at the start of labor.
OP, I don't know how I would recover from the hurt of my husband saying the things he's saying to you. IMO, how you got pregnant doesn't matter so much, as long as you didn't trick him into, which you obviously didn't. It was an accident, accidents happen, he shouldn't be guilt-tripping you into divorce, and he certainly has issues if he thinks drugging a woman to cause her to miscarry is okay. It's not only wrong, but illegal, and that man would get prison time in many...
It's probably nothing to worry about. :) Just eat when you are hungry and try to make healthy food choices. As long as you are gaining weight and your baby is growing, it's fine.  
So you were originally looking for a curriculum of some sort, right? Something to help you teach spelling and possibly grammar? I think All About Spelling would be great for teaching English spelling in your situation. You probably wouldn't need all the bells and whistles (the phonogram tiles are probably not necessary for you - they're just made of cardstock anyway). It only takes 15 to 20 minutes per day and it's very thorough.   Grammar you could put off for a...
They don't tend to be underweight, lol, just smaller. This is pretty well-studied, and it is significant enough that research has shown providers need to be sure they're using appropriate growth curves (as in growth curves based on similar elevation) when evaluating infants for conditions like hypoglycemia or polycythemia, but not significant enough that you need to be worried about your baby being "too small". Size is relative, and babies at higher altitudes are just...