or Connect

Posts by brittneyvand

We had, and sometime still have, the same issue with our 6 month old. He still complains and tries to wiggle out of the carseat when we try to put him in. At the beginning we would change the radio station to a static stations pond turn the volume up (not too loud) and he would fall asleep. He has gotten a lot better but still has some issues. He likes it when we sit in the back with him and can play with him, it also helps when he has toys to play with. I know exactly...
Didn't see anywhere to talk about signing so hopefully this is a good place. We purchased the Baby Signing Time DVDs when our daughter was 10 months and by 11 months she was starting to sign. We started showing our son the Baby Signing Time DVDs from the time he was brought home from the hospital. He is now 6 1/2 months old and has started signing milk in the last week. It is amazing! He has understood the signs "change diaper" and "milk" for a couple months. He will be...
I agree with Lily. As long as your baby isn't being jostled around to hurt them whatever works. My son loved being bounced and wouldn't fall asleep any other way. For a while we were also using a hair dryer (set to blow cold air) for the white noise. I think if it works, do it. You will know if you are doing something harmful because you won't feel right doing it.
If you are not sure what to use to stabilize, ask at the fabric store. That is what I did. I used a fusible interfacing and it worked great. If you don't use something like that your fabric can stretch in unwanted ways.
It really depends on what you are making. For the most part I believe it is cheaper to buy, however I love to sew so I would rather sew than buy if I can. I just made some blackout curtains for my sons room and I believe it saved me a lot of money. I've made quilts and believe it would have been cheaper to buy them, but way less personal.
Hello, I just found out about this community this last weekend. I am a stay at home mom with two beautiful children. I have a 3 year old daughter and a 6 month old son. They are the best part of my life. I look forward to being part of this community and hope that I will be able to help in any way I can and also will love the help if everyone here.