or Connect

Posts by KaliHekate

My drive was normal or even high during pregnancy (even when I was 40+ weeks), but since giving birth it's dropped a lot.  I'm 8 weeks pp and today was the 2nd time we've had sex since baby - both times it hurt but today was a lot better, in addition to lubricant I orgasmed before intercourse and it helped a lot.  My drive is returning slowly.  I'm EBF so that makes it more dry and I think lowers your libido.   We bought the basic birth kit from precious arrows and I...
Our babies are gettting so cute, so much more like babies than peanuts!     Dakipode and HandsthatHold - Wow!  i think that's the first time I've seen your babies or the first time in a while, and OMG they are sooo adorable!   Here's Ash just a few days before his 8 weeks birthday.  
We read Emergency Childbirth and watched neonatal resuscitation videos on Youtube.  I had only had a few days to prepare (a day or 2 a few weeks before when we considered UCing before switching midwives, and then the night before when we realized we were going to have to do it instead of getting a c-section).  It sounds silly, but I'd been watching "I didn't know I was Pregnant" and that eased my fears, because I figured if all these women could not even know they were...
I'm not familiar with that book but I just wanted to echo your opinions on midwifery.  I was really surprised when two different homebirth midwifery practices in Florida seemed so medical.  It was like they would only help me if I fit into a very narrow definition of normal.  The one had a backup doctor who, without ever even meeting me or doing any tests, decided I needed a hospital birth because I gained "too much" weight, and my baby would be too big (he wasn't even 7...
What kind of pump do you all use?  I have an electric one that was only $40 but it doesn't work very well.  I want some milk stored in case I go out for a few hours, but  the most I've ever gotten was 1.5 ounces which is not nearly enough for a feeding.  I expressed milk today with my hand (Ash was sleeping for a while and my breasts hurt) and got almost that much (and there was a LOT left), so I know it's the pump.  I can't afford the Medela electric pumps, but I heard...
Serena - what a difference between your profile pic and the 6 week photo!  They grow up so fast...
Ash at 1 month old; he's definitely asserting his personality more!
I envy you that can sleep while nursing; I nurse side-lying at night but rarely can I fall asleep doing it. It's just not that comfortable for me, as I like to sleep rolled over more towards my stomach. Still, it's better than getting up and nursing in a chair.
This is our first and I always thought I wanted 2, maaaybe 3 and DH always wanted 3. Now he says he may want more than one but he's not thinking about it now and he's content with one at this point. However, since having Ash I all of a sudden feel like I want 4 or 5! Not really likely, since I just turned 30. I'm surprised I feel this way. I definitely want another, but it seems best to wait 3 years or so in between, so you won't have two kids in diapers. I'm...
Congrats!  Thanks for posting photos; you look so dignified compared to how I looked in mine (shrieking naked banshee woman!).