or Connect

Posts by KaliHekate

He arrived on yesterday just after midnight, since being in labor for 4 days (active labor for 2 days).  It ended up being an unassisted homebirth with my husband being midwife!  We had to decide on that last minute rather than doing an induction as we were being pressured to do..  My mom and our friend was there too.  6 lbs, 7 oz, 19 inches!  More info and pictures to come. :)      
Asterion arrived on yesterday just after midnight, since being in labor for 4 days (active labor for 2 days).  It ended up being an unassisted homebirth with my husband being midwife!  We had to decide on that last minute rather than doing an induction as we were being pressured to do.  Intuition told us to go against medical advice and have the home birth even though it meant no midwives; and all was fine.  My mom and our friend was there too.  6 lbs, 7 oz, 19 inches!...
He arrived on yesterday just after midnight, since being in labor for 4 days (active labor for 2 days).  It ended up being an unassisted homebirth with my husband being midwife!  We had to decide on that last minute rather than doing an induction as we were being pressured to do..  My mom and our friend was there too.  6 lbs, 7 oz, 19 inches!  More info and pictures to come. :)
Really, really discouraged - had contractions 2-6 minutes apart from 1 pm yesterday until 5 am this morning, sometimes lasting a minute.  QUITE painful.  Water didn't break but bloody show.  Midwife came around 6 pm but left because I was only dilated to 3 (which at least was more than when they checked me less than a week ago).  Have to go in for an appt today and a non stress test.  I am so surprised that labor can stop after over 12 hours of contractions that close...
Taking my second 2 oz dose now in ice cream smoothie.  It's not bad at all, but then again, I've been drinking EPO in water for weeks so I'm used to oil.  Some very sharp cramps and one session of diarrhea but that's it so far.  Fingers crossed.  My doula friend suggested blue and black cohash tincture (I've been taking blue cohash herb, but she said tincture is better), so if this doesn't work I'll try that tomorrow or the next day.
 I wish our providers wouldn't say that to us.  Hopefully it'll be true for you but when I was 39 weeks I was 90% effaced and 1-2 cm dilated and my MW's said "I think you'll be having your baby this weekend!"  That was 2.5 weeks ago!  So I feel like I've been waiting, every little twinge thinking it's labor.   I just downed 2 oz of castor oil so we'll see if that does anything. 
An orgasm make me lose mucus plug a few days ago and gave me 2 days of cramps, but they want away a day ago and now I'm stuck.  Going to try castor oil tonight or tomorrow.  I'm well over 41 weeks and have been cramping on and off for weeks but it always goes no where; it's frustrating!  
Good Luck and Happy Labor Vibes your way!
I'm 41w3d here, actually 41w5d according to charting.  I'm feeling OK (have PSD pretty bad but no worse than the last month).  The stress I'm feeling is having to go to the hospital for tests Monday and not being able to do a home birth passed Thursday as per state law.  I've tried all sorts of things but I'll probably try castor oil tonight or tomorrow.  I've been 90% effaced for weeks now and am at least 2 cm dilated.  Since they last checked I lost my mucus plug (or at...
Thank you for the replies. :)   You're right; if we had really researched UC for months (Like I plan to before next pregnancy!), it would be a good option.  But it's not a decision to make spur of the moment.  The other two options would be best so now I'll have to really think about the best option.  Right now I'm leaning towards at least trying the CO; it's not really any different (philosophically, not regarding the risks involved) than any other natural induction...