or Connect

Posts by mommyabroad

What are good resources for providing a Montessori education through upper elementary at home?  DS went to Montessori schools on and off for several years and I love the approach for so many reasons.  Now that we have DD, it's simply cost-prohibitive to send two children to Montessori schools here.  (Some are upwards of 10,000 and 15,000 a year per child).  It would be cheaper to purchase a bunch of classroom materials and work with both children at home.
Anyone's 3-year-old not sleep through the night --- and is up multiple times?  It's like DD keeps waking up to make sure someone is there. 
DD is 2 1/2 and has been using the potty during the day for several months.  She very much wants out of diapers at night.  She will not wear pullups and complains of diapers being "too tight" at night now.  Nightwaking is at an all time high.     What are some other nighttime solutions?  I tried lining the bed with waterproof pads but she wakes up wet, screaming and mad.  On nights I can take her to the potty because she wakes up first (we cosleep), it takes a long...
DS's Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis indicated nothing out of range except for very, very elevated beta-glucuronidase?  Over 16,000.  What does this mean and how can we treat it?  And what causes this?   DS is 9.   There is a history of digestive issues- - your guidance is greatly appreciated.  We did just discover an egg allergy.  This is new information to us.   Thank you!
Will do .. thanks!
DS's CDSA indicated nothing out of range except for way elevated beta-glucuronidase?  Over 16,000.  What does this mean?  And what causes this?   DS is 9.   There is a history of digestive issues-- guidance greatly appreciated.   Thank you!
MariaMadly, the mice story is so beautiful.  I loved the line about how your child wasn't going down without them.  We have so many stuffies here -- each one loved and important --- they seem to multiply on their own.  My 9-year-old says he's going to keep them for life.  But then again, his mama didn't give up sleeping with her beloved bear until she was over 30 and married ;)  I still have guilt over the big stuffed Sponge Bob (aka Big Bob) that I took to Goodwill when...
I would take the herbs for at least three months.  Last night, the pain was excruciating.  I had a fever, the shakes, chills, and realized I either had appendicitis or ruptured cyst(s).  It still hurts to walk today but the fever is gone.  I feel like I have the flu.     The idea of pinpointing a time in the future to resume is interesting -- DD understands the calendar (loosely) and we use it to mark weekly events.   After the pain I was in last night, I am,...
I nursed my DS until almost 4 ... DD just turned 2.  She has nightweaned but still nurses several times a day.  I am having severe ovarian pain and an ultrasound confirmed multiple cysts.  My doctor referred me to an acupuncturist and she wants me to take herbs that require me to wean but may be incredibly effective.  My doctor already has me on alfalfa and vitex and a cal/mag mix from Standard Process.   I am torn -- I'm in my 40s and want to take this very...
Frozen bananas in a blender with a few teaspoons/tablespoons of nut butter and raw cacao powder!  This is an amazing, decadent treat in our family.  And iron packed.   Also, raw brownie bites ---- process 1 c of walnuts and 1 cup of pitted dates in a Vitamix or blender.  Add a few teaspoons of raw cacao powder and roll into balls.  Refrigerate until cold.   Yellowdock tincture.   Also bone broths/soups made with parsley stems (rich in iron) and plenty of...