or Connect

Posts by mommyabroad

Thanks everyone for the replies.  Right now, school is not an option for my DS.  And I so wish that more sleep could happen for me.  After reading the replies, I started taking more B vitamins and back to the D and that's helping with the daytime energy -- lots of B12 especially.  I have had such a hard time finding someone I feel comfortable leaving my kids with so I can get some time alone or out with a girlfriend.  I ended up at an 8pm yoga class the other night when...
3-5 .. it always has been.  Even before kids!
I felt like I did everything (well, almost everything!) right with DS.  And it was very very difficult for me because it became more about perfection than about freedom and joy.  The cure?  For me, it was a second child.  DS never watched TV until he was 3.  DD picks up the Wii wheel and goes to the TV.  And she's one.  With two kids and such different ages, I've made more concessions than I ever dreamed possible.  DS never had a snack food until well... preschool...
My DD is 16 months.  DS is 8-years-old.  Before I got pregnant with DD in 2009, I had just returned to work (20 hours)  and felt like I had gotten some balance and energy back after 4 years of nursing and 6 years of SAHM'ing.    Fast forward and it's been 2 years since I've had more than 3 hours sleep at any time (I don't sleep well when pregnant and DD nurses around the clock) -- most nights I get only 5 hours total in broken increments.  I'm in bed for longer but...
Oh my gosh, where do you live????  The schools sounds fabulous.    
I would love to find other kids for my older son to hang out with but his interests are so different from all of our neighborhood children and friends' children and he just doesn't seem to fit in with them!  The boys are really in to sports and guns and the girls are in to tea parties and nail painting and "girly" stuff (according to DS).  He just doesn't seem to be able to find a groove with either group.  He'd much rather be with family than with other kids... he's...
Happy and engaged seems to be the key!    
DS is almost 8; DD almost 1.  We pulled DS from school in late February and I have been quite overhwhelmed with the day to day life of a baby and an older, active child at home.  The baby's pace of two naps, frequent nursings, and up 7 times a night doesn't mesh too well with an inquisitive, on-the-go older child who is a sponge for fun, information and activity.  And I can barely keep my eyes open and patience in tow.  Plus I work part-time.   I've been unstructured...
Betonite clay for the poultice, right?  That resonates with me!
Thanks for your replies and suggestions.   I was applying the GSE and extras 2-3x a day.  What flowers are good for yeast?  I had also used California Baby's Calendula cream (the kind in a little tub) as it did wonders on eczema my DD had that was caused by detergrent.    Also tried Silica cell salt (says for skin eruptions on the label) but I may be stretching here!   I'm breastfeeding and didn't want to do pau d'arco tea (which I had good luck with in the...