or Connect

Posts by mommyabroad

Thank you all so much for your replies. DS has had quite a challenging time lately and our usually fabulous remedies (homeopathics) haven't been very effective overnight. I've tried Motrin here and there -- maybe time for more here than there! It's nice to know we are not alone -- no doubt, this too, shall pass.
When your nightnursing toddler was getting molars, were sleep and nightnursing patterns affected lots, little, or not at all? And better question ... for how long ?
Recently, our 19-month-old son has wanted to go to sleep in his big bed -- a crib he never really used because we coslept. We took the siderail off to make it like a daybed and have a couple of mattresses on the floor in case he rolls off. The challenge is that he is a major night nurser, restless sleeper, and seemingly constant waker and this has only gotten more intense since he started falling asleep in his big bed. I've tried nursing him in his room and going back to...
Just wanted to add a thought about chamomilla -- DS went through a difficult phase and chamomilla 30 was a lifesaver. I passed it on to a friend with a teething toddler and she's found it to be brilliant for fussiness, irritability, teething, tantrums, etc. I got some from our homeopath on sugar crystals (no lactose) and just a couple of crystals on a spoon did the trick every time. Other strengths didn't work for us but the 30 was the key. Might at least help while...
NatraBio makes a homeopathic children's Teething tincture that is absolutely brilliant. We've had more success with this product than with anything else we've tried. I only wish we would have found it sooner! Their allergy remedy and colds & flu remedies are effective as well.
My 18-month-old son has always been a huge nurser -- day and night. I was so glad to read this thread today. I've been so frustrated with how much he is nursing and how unwilling he is on most days to fall asleep for naps or nighttime without nursing. He seems to be a "little and often" kind of guy with food and nursing and he may really be hungry overnight. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement to carry on ... We've moved recently, I can see new teeth trying to...
So happy to see this thread. My 16-month-old DS is really in to playing with balls and decided today to get one ball after another and bring them over to my lap while he nursed. Before he was done, I had a football, basketball, stuffed puppy, and two other small balls in my lap along with my nursling. He thought it was fabulous! What a joy
I love reading all of these posts and hope someone can help. I've been breastfeeding my 14-month-old since birth with no formula at all. He has had a yeast diaper rash on and off and lots of gastrointestinal challenges like gas, mucous, belly pain, diarreah, etc. Plus, a tendency towards dark circles and puffs under his eyes. I've been experimenting with our diets and have taken out all fruit and most starches like legumes, root vegetables, potatoes, rice, etc. We're...