or Connect

Posts by naturelle

Congratultions Amlikam, Sweetpea and Trisha!!  Excellent news that all babies were delivered safely and mamas and babies are doing well :-)  What a surprise about the 2lb placenta!   I'm 41w weeks tomorrow and feeling rather desperate to have this baby now!!  I think I lost the mucous plug this morning, which was clear and no pink to be seen, so hopefully contractions are going to start in the next 12-24 hours... I've got everything crossed (except my legs, they are...
Oooh congratulations to all the mamas who have had their wonderful births!!   I am 40w3d today and hoping to get this little one out in the next 48 hours!  Have had a few contractions today that have been a little more intense than the last couple of weeks, but still nothing regular.  I have an appointment at the health centre tomorrow and I suspect they will want to refer me to be induced but I'm going to refuse that for at least another week.  I feel sure that...
Nice idea! I will post a pic tomorrow!  
I'm due 23rd May but if I go beyond that I'll be walking, shagging, nipple stimulation, doing yoga lunges, belly dancing - anything to get things moving!  I'm already doing squats to strengthen up my legs and lengthen my pelvic floor for delivery so may increase this, and just spend a little more time hanging out in the squat position.  Relaxation and visualisation are also things that I'm practicing and believe can help make the baby come.  Not sure how effective it is,...
  I wouldn't even call it special treatment!  Practitioners should be treating ALL their patients with respect and sensitivity!  Something is going on in the world today where people are losing sight of what customer service and patient care is.  Shame.  Good on ya for walking out and showing her that people will not tolerate that kind of behaviour.   I don't think there is any need to worry about your baby's well-being because of her bad attitude.  She was probably just...
Oh boy, this is difficult...  I have fairly anti-consumerist tendencies so I don't buy much of anything that isn't an essential.  However I do consider a good bar of dark chocolate an absolute essential every now and then so I guess that's mainly where I spend money on myself.  Trying to think of something else I have bought for myself which wasn't really for the household in general... a nursing bra?  new juice jug and glasses?  Saving up for a washing machine...  Gee,...
  Me three!!  I don't trust ANYTHING that organisation has to say, neither the EPA.  They are both in bed with big business, and don't have public best interests at heart.   As I think Marnica said, the cases of turning blue seem to be from people taking too much for too long, or using a solution with too many parts per million, making it difficult for the body to excrete - and these cases are very rare.  I use a silver with 10 ppm or less and I am convinced by the...
As pertussis is caused by a bacteria, I would treat using colloidal silver, as well as Vit C.   This site has some good tips under 'Home remedies' and a couple of people mention silver in the comments section.    I hope she is feeling better soon!
It's great that you talked it out with your midwife and hopefully you can have a back up that you feel completely comfortable and relaxed with, that is the most essential thing for you.  However, I don't agree with someone who said it was 'unprofessional' of her to inform you of her plans.  That's not really fair, just because she's a midwife does not mean that she has to put her whole life on hold for the women and babies she services.  She's human and she needs a...
  I feel exactly the same about this track!  Beautiful!!   Great tips on music, making my playlist is on my to do list for this week!  (Since finishing work I've been obsessively writing to do lists - a new one every day!!)   I was initially thinking I'd have to have a hospital birth but I've now found a lovely midwife who is in the process of preparing an apartment of her's for home births.  She needs some help getting some emergency equipment, so a few interested people...