or Connect

Posts by dianna11

It's been almost a year since my beloved 17 year old cat Alice had passed away. 4 months later, my cat Grover followed her. I have arranged a photo of the two cats and their paw prints in a frame and I'm wondering where would be the best place to hang it.   We have moved recently, so the cats have never been in this house, but I still miss them deeply and would like to have a memorial of them here.   I'm not sure if something prominently displayed would be...
I would give my right eye for this! My son has had me actually seeking to put him up for adoption. Not exaggerating, I have called people. Screaming tantrums, hours of the day. Volatile, destructive, violent, horrible. When given the choice between having a happy day or a sad day, he will pick the sad day. He will pick being isolated in his room with no toys. He will choose "I want to be on Santas bad list", etc. We make a big fuss over not only his good behavior, but...
I have tried changing my settings to "receive no email from mothering.com", I have tried unsubscribing almost daily to your emails that have an "unsubscribe" link - and yet, I STILL get emails almost daily - like the "Need Papering - Great deals for you" nonsense!   How do I go about not receiving any more of this? I don't wish to remove myself as a member as I have been here since 2004, but the email situation is ridiculous!   I have even called the MN phone...
Wow, getting used to the new format, I just pressed "clear" when I meant to press 'submit'.   ANyhow, I'm a West end mama, near St. Clair & Keele (close to La Paloma!)   My kids are now 6 1/2 and 3, and it seems that I'm about to be a single mama.     I have some Chinese prefold diapers that I would like to give away to anyone who would want them and cane pick them up. I have about 12 size 0 in good shape, and about 6 size large that are a bit frayed, but...
He's already on a pretty high dose - I'm going to give the vet a call this week, I just want to arm myself ahead of time with mulling over emotionally what to do. Is it best to put the cat down, or let him go when it's his time?
My kitty Alice is 16 years old - and in pretty rough shape. He's part Maine Coon and was a big cat most of his life - about 20 pounds! Immediately after DS was born, Alice dropped 10 pounds! He lost weight faster than I did! I thought it was just stress from the home birth and a new baby in the house, but it turned out to be a sudden thyroid problem. I started giving him vet prescribed meds and the weight loss stopped - and he never really gained it back. 2...
Quote: Originally Posted by weliveintheforest I haven't been in your exact situation but I have at times resented my kids. It got better. I agree with others who are saying to get away and get some sleep. Maybe you can dh could take turns sleeping somewhere else with dd for a couple of days, so you can both get a couple full nights of sleep. We do take turns, but he's exhausted too. And he sometimes has to drive long distances in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by poorlittlefish Oh Mama! This sounds horrible. I am sure these feelings will go away when you can get some rest. Can you and you DH go away for a weekend? To get a break and spend some time with each other. I know you didn't want advice but I just wanted to throw something out there. I am very, very anti CIO and I have never done it. However, your child is 2.5, can you explain to him that it is night time and you...
Quote: Originally Posted by lifeguard Oh mama. Is there any chance you can take a break from the situation for a day or two? Give yourself a chance to regroup somehow. Do you family or good friends close by who can help out a little? Sorry, I don't have anything really useful to say. Thank you so much, sometimes just a few kind words help DH is trying to wrap up work early today and give me some time... to work (I'm also a WAHM - to top...
First of all, I'm afraid of making a post like this, because it's not a popular topic around here, especially for AP mams. I'm also afraid that I will get a zillion replies to fix the sleep issue, etc. to which I will reply to all of you: "I have tried that already". I just want to know if this feeling is normal, and will eventually go away, and I can have positive thought about my DS again, because this is horrible. My son (now 2.5 years) was so relaxed when he was a...