or Connect

Posts by rugrat

Hi Christina. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time - I've been there and I know how exhausting and stressful it can be. But it DOES get better. At five weeks, my son was constantly fussing around the clock and I was at the end of my rope. Now he is a little over a year old, and he is napping peacefully in his crib after sleeping 11 hours through the night. I can tell you I never thought that would ever happen!!! Like you, we also tried everything and nothing seemed...
DS is exclusively breast-fed and has been experiencing very painful gas at night. I'm currently on Day 6 of cutting out dairy completely to see if it helps. I know it can take 10 to 14 days for milk proteins to disappear from my system, but I'm just wondering whether I should see an immediate improvement after 2 weeks, or will it take another week or two after that to notice a difference? For those of you who have tried it and gotten results - how long before you saw...
Thanks Chrissy. I just needed to hear that. It's hard to think clearly sometimes when you're so sleep deprived!
DS is three months old this week and I'm still extremely sleep deprived. I think I'm averaging about 2 hours of sleep a night, 4 at the most if I'm lucky. He has terrible bouts of gas at night that keep him grunting, kicking, and crying on and off all night. I pump his legs, gas comes out, he's restful for about 20 to 30 minutes, then it starts all over again. I feel like I've tried everything - gas drops, infant massage, probiotics, warn baths, cutting out dairy etc....
Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try. It just worries me when he starts to approach the four hour mark and still shows no interest in eating. Since he's dropped his night time feeds that would mean he's only eating 5 times a day. But maybe he's just getting more efficient. I'll see how it goes!
Have you thought about trying nipple shields? I had to switch to bottle feeding briefly when my LO was less than one week old because my nipples were just to raw and sore. When I was finally ready to put him back on my breast, I found nipple shields worked really well to help with the transition since they look/feel more like a bottle nipple and are much easier for latching. Good luck!
My LO is 3 months old and has been exclusively breast fed since he was born. Last week, he suddenly began sleeping through the night and was no longer nursing at night. Before this, he was still nursing at least twice at night. I noticed that once he started doing this, he also stopped waking up for feedings during the day (he used to wake up every three hours from his nap like clock work in order to eat). I've had to start waking him up in order to get him to eat....
Thanks ladies! I think I'll try the probiotics. I've made several attempts at giving up dairy but keep either giving into temptation or accidentally either food with dairy ingredients. If the probiotics don't work I'll make a more serious attempt!
My 2.5 month old is extremely gassy at night. He wakes up at least once every hour grunting and kicking his feet, and I have to pump his legs to get the gas out. I've tried gas drops, infant massage, and giving him a warm bath before bed time. Nothing has really made a difference so far. The problem seems to be getting worse lately - I was hoping it would start to get better since we're approaching the 3 month mark! I've heard that probiotics can help with digestive...
Phathui: he was diagnosed with reflux just based on his behaviour (spits up frequently, arches his back when he cries, prefers to be held upright, etc.). But to be honest, I'm not entirely convinced his behaviour is caused solely by reflux, I think he's also just high-needs. We've been using Zantac for a couple of weeks now and I still haven't noticed a significant difference.   I'm glad to hear that other people have had similar experiences with their babies and had...