or Connect

Posts by Tbartick

Glad to hear your dr opted for you not to get the materniti21 because of the possibility of a false positive.  It's reassuring to hear that the baby looked good on ultrasound.  For me, it was the blood results that came back a little off, but they also said baby looked good on u/s.  I would be more concerned it it was the opposite way around.  I spoke w/ the genetic counselor for over an hour and felt more at ease, as she even said that these tests make more healthy...
Thank you, it is very nerve racking.  I hope you get good results when you go for your test...good luck!!  Probably the first of the many nerve racking things we'll go through being pregnant and becoming a mommy : )  My doctor recommended the materniti21 test as an alternative to the amnio, which i was happy that this test is now available as it is much safer and just as effective as the amnio.  I believe that they only do the materniti21 test if you get abnormal results...
I had the NT test done at 12 weeks and the baby looked good according to sono tech, got the results back and the blood work came back abnormal which of course freaked me out.  Based on my age, I'm 36 my chances of having a down syndrome child was 1/174 after the results my chances were 1/42.  Doctor said basically 1/42 is 3% meaning 97% baby will be fine.  I will be 13 weeks tomorrow, dr said I could have an amnio to do further testing af 15-16 wks.  also said there is a...
I had u/s done at 11w6d and the dr asked if I was goind to find out the sex, I said yes...she asked if I wanted her to take a peek to see if she could see anything.  she said her guess was a girl based on the angle and had another u/s down the following week and u/s tech also said girl.  I was surprised they'd even guess that early but I read up on the angle of the dangle theory and it seems to be pretty accurate so I guess that's how they can tell so early....of course...