or Connect

Posts by Eilis

This post is very helpful -- thanks! - I wish I could have found hand me down wool onesies instead of buying retail. my mom and i combed consignment and thrift stores before i resigned to buy new! oh well... - I love the zipper cause they are so speedy! but yes, i am doing the sweater-over technique so her chest doesnt feel the air - great idea for the wool dress. recycling sweaters is way faster than knitting!
I just bought a long sleeved merino onesie and footed pants from Woolino online. Pricey (about $50 for the set)  but free shippimg and a coupon code helped. Amazon has a couple of nature baby items on sale with free shipping, about the same price. Ebay has very little. I can not believe how small the market is for these items. Big box stores do not carry them. Are there cold babies all over America -- because most baby clothes are so shoddy? I wear a lot of polar fleece...
Hi everyone! I took a break from the internet for several weeks but missed you guys! Happy to see so many of you still on this board!    I would love to know your strategies for cold-weather dressing of babies.    As it gets colder, I've been having a hard time finding good quality warm clothes for my baby. I got a lot of hand me downs which include polyester sweaters (which are scratchy and bulky, designed more for fashion than function, and don't seem very warm...
I'm kind of in thrush limbo. It came back after we used Nystatin - at doctor's recommendation we only used Nystatin for 1 week. LC told me later that you need to use it for 2 weeks AFTER symptoms disappear. So, oops. Also, the doctor told me to just squirt it in her mouth. LC said I need to swab it in her cheeks where the sores are, then have her drink a little, because the thrush is also in her intestines/stomach. :( LC said there's some doubt that Nystatin is that great...
Cynthiamoon, I got thrush even though I haven't taken antibiotics in over a year. But I hear your frustration! Interventions beget interventions! 
skycheatstraffic, you're making me want a Maya wrap! And I already have a Moby, a hotsling and a (very used) Ergo. 
During first thrush outbreak when baby had yeast diaper rash, I used disposables for 3 days. I then did a triple wash of the cloth dipes including a bleach cycle. We've been back in cloth for a week wwith no return of the yeast rash. I am using organic coconut oil as diaper rash cream with every change. 
Wrenmoon this doesn't answer your question but I just have to comment on how cute your baby is! You are being such a good mom. Do you have theories about why he likes being carried so high?
OMG. Our thrush is baacccck! Not cool. The Nystatin knocked it back a week ago and we had a good week, but now it is back in her mouth as bad as ever and my breasts hurt with those shooting pains. My pediatrician doesn't seem to take thrush very seriously -- just prescribed Nystatin and said everything will be fine, and that I can keep using cloth diapers. I go to my midwife on Wed and maybe she will know more. I think my best bet will be to work with the lactation...
I have had success with putting baby in moby wrap then bouncing on bouncy ball. However, I think too much bouncing on the bouncy ball was bad for my pelvic floor muscles! Honestly. So maybe you should have someone else do this for you. We just set up our bouncy chair for the baby and she loves this too.    Also - you might try walking outside with baby in a carrier. My baby gets bored indoors. She usually falls asleep in her Moby when we walk her.   For overall...