or Connect

Posts by jennybennett

Hi there,   Thanks for your reply. I would like to exchange thoughts with you further about your experience, as I think I am understanding more now about what you're going through. Feel free to email me directly: jenny.m.bennett@gmail.com. I couldn't figure out how to PM you within the forum.   --Jenny
I apologize if I made your blood boil by quoting those numbers. Those are just the percentages based on the birth stories Hypnobabies receives, submitted to them by the students. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I do disagree with you that the program is fatally flawed, simply because the majority of students do experience easier and more comfortable childbirth. It's helping a lot of women. But again your viewpoint is yours and you don't have to apologize for...
And I should also just clarify that of the 15 to 20% who may not call their experience comfortable, many of those Hypno-moms are still able to say they were satisfied with their births, for many different reasons. I should not have implied that all of those 15 to 20 percent were dissatisfied because I really don't believe that's true. Some had c-sections or other interventions they hadn't planned on. Some experienced a great deal of pain. But the difference, I think, is...
Dear demeter888, Where to begin... First of all I am really proud of you for sharing your story. I'm glad that it sounds like you are getting to the point of being ready for healing; it seems to be a good sign that you feel you did nothing wrong. That is a very true statement. I believe that every woman has a birth experience that most likely has positives and negatives, and it is partly her perception of those circumstances after the fact that allows her to process...