or Connect

Posts by kalynnsmom

I agree with Hergrace. I think it depends on the people in that group. I belong to an awesome Moms of Multiples club. They are there if one of our members needs something . For example, one of our members has twins with Autism. Her girls need therapy that was very expensive. She had a scholarship but she had to match that scholarship. We helped her  meet that. Another of our members had very sick twin boys, and our members brought her dinners.   I really would...
Wow, how discouraging to hear that! I nursed my twins. I also nursed my singleton before I had my twins. We did have some really rough times (nipple preference-one of my boys refused to latch, exclusively pumped for almost 2 months) but once we got those issues worked out, I was actually surprised how easy it got. I guess I was lucky that I never had to be on antidepressents. I nursed my boys til 3 1/2 and 4 (years). Did I enjoy it all the time? Absolutely not. Yes it...
I have been talking to my son about being a big boy and what fun big boys have. He'd say "I not a big boy! I a baby!!" So, I did something a little unconventional. I have an awesome pediatrician, who is very pro breastfeeding. She was *thrilled* that I was nursing my twins at 2. My boys love her, too. So, what I did was ask her about talking to him about being a big boy and that big boys don't need nah nahs anymore. She talked to him gently about the fun things that...
My di/di twin boys had always been different sizes. I don't remember how much but at birth, A was 4 lbs 11 oz and B was 5 lbs 12 oz.
Thank you for this post!! I am feeling the same way. My twin boys just turned 4 on Saturday. One of my boys has already weaned at a little over 3 1/2 but the other one is very much attached to his "nah nahs". He wakes up at 4am, crawls into my bed, and nurses. I let him nurse for a bit but then I'm done. He cries and says "But I'm thirsty!!" I'm not sure how to stop the 4am nursing.
Back from the ARD meeting. I asked them about it and the teachers are going to start using social stories. The ST is going to make a schedule from boardmaker and see if that will help. They said they're just going to keep an eye on him right now. The boys have a Dr's appt in 2 weeks so I'll talk to their pediatrician then as well.
ARD is an Admission Review Dismissal meeting. We discuss their IEP's, new goals for the year, any results of evaluations. Ronin's always like this. It's getting worse, as well. Another example that I can think of is for example, his breakfast fruit bar. If it's damaged (like if it breaks apart), he will also throw a fit. I was wondering about ASD; I'll ask about it when I go up there.
It's really difficult for me to discern what's normal and what's not. I have 3 kids, one has ADHD and SPD, the other is developmentally delayed and has other delays. To top it off, my husband is a special ed teacher, with expertise in Autism and he's no help. Ronin is my child in question. Him and his twin brother are going to be 4 on Saturday. The issue I'm concerned with is that he has trouble with change. I mean, full on meltdown. Here's a good example from...
2 of my 3 kids have NF1. 8 year old DD: CAL's at 6 weeks. At close to a year, she had a large growth underneath her tongue and turned out to be a plexiform fibroma. Also, probably around a year or so, after her MRI, it was discovered that she has an optic glioma. By this time, she had already been dx with NF1 because of family history and the CAL's (DH has NF1) 3 year old DS: CAL's around 6 weeks. Is developmentally delayed but we're not sure if it's related to the NF1...
If she's willing to travel to Midlothian, I love Dr. Kimberly Sweet. However, in that same practice is Dr. Joslin which I would stay far far away from.