or Connect

Posts by kalynnsmom

Congrats!! That's an awesome accomplishment! I'm nursing my 3 year old twin boys and I agree with 4Marmalade, it definitely is a whole 'nother ball game :
Congrats on nursing twins for 20 months! That's awesome! I totally can relate to how you feel. I am nursing my 3 year old twin boys and they would drive me NUTS when they nursed. I started placing limits and limiting their time. I would limit their time by either telling them "when I get to 10, nah nah all done!" It's sooo much better now that I placed limits on them. They nurse once a day and only for a few minutes. Though, like you, I'm ready for them to wean...
I don't have any advice to offer, but did want to say that it is possible to nurse exclusively after having struggles. My boys were born at 34 weeks. Gave bottles and one of them refused to nurse at all. So, I had to pump for the first few weeks. It was pump, nurse, pump, nurse.. It was really frustrating and I never thought I'd be able to nurse them. About 6 or 7 weeks, he finally latched and got both of them nursing. They are three and still nursing (but on their way to...
Quote: Originally Posted by blizzard_babe Hi ladies. I'm looking down the barrel of a sloooooooooow weaning process. DS is almost 21 months (he'll be two in May), and I'm looking to completely wean this summer. I feel like I have to justify it, but really, I'm just done. I'm not pregnant, I don't think it's "weird" to nurse longer... I'm just ready to be done. I am starting to resent nursing. This is me right here too. My twin boys are 3 and I'm...
I have a little vent. My daughter tucks her ear lobe into her ear canal. I am thinking this is how she copes with the loudness at school. Her teacher told her that it was gross. Kalynn was very upset that she said that, and frankly, I'm a bit upset too. Yes, it's different, but to say it's gross?? Would you say something to the teacher? Should I email her or call? Send a note?
My twins were my 3rd and 4th pregnancies (2nd and 3rd viable pregnancies). I measured anywhere from 8 to 10 weeks ahead. At 14 weeks, I was measured to be at 24 cm.
I'll chime in and say it's normal. I never felt full or engorged with my twin boys either. I did with my singleton though!
Yeah, my twins nursed quite a bit at 2.5. If one wanted to nurse, the other would want to nurse. They never asked in public though, I think they were just too distracted. They're 3 now, and finally slowing down to 1-2 x's a day.
Quote: Originally Posted by amnesiac I think that the question makes me feel a little uncomfortable because it seems like if I were to say I wouldn't choose multiples that it casts my experience & my twins' existence in a negative light. But if I say I would definitely choose twins that it gives the impression that having multiples is the "neat" experience people without multiples seem to talk to me about - like it just casts aside all the risks and...
My daughter was 4 when her twin brothers were born. To be honest, she had a really rough time adjusting. We tried to get her involved in everything, but she flat out refused. We had lots of tantrums, and crying, it was just hard on everyone.. When they got a little older, I implemented "Mommy and Kalynn" time on Saturday. It was just us getting some lunch, going to the park, wherever, just me and her. It really helped and we still do this every Saturday. And she's...