or Connect

Posts by kalynnsmom

I can totally relate. My twin boys are 3 and it hasn't gotten any easier. I keep hearing it's supposed to get easier, and I often wonder if I'm doing something wrong! Of course, I love my twin boys but it's so frustrating because I'm usually the one that they want. DH is a school teacher so he's been off. We've been trading days to sleep in. I have yet to sleep in because they cry at the door -Celeste
Our Christmas went ok. We went to my aunt's house where Kalynn withdrew. She sat in one corner and refused to move. Other than that, I think it went ok.
Thanks Bri Yeah, I'm a part of a couple but they're pretty quiet..Maybe I'll try there though..
I wasn't sure how to title this. My daughter, Kalynn (7), has Neurofibromatosis Type 1. For those who aren't familiar, it's a genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow anywhere on the body. Kalynn has a large tumor underneath her tongue and it's pretty significant. It raises part of her tongue up. She's starting to notice that she has this tumor and often says how she wishes her tongue was flat like everyone else. I'm not sure what to say I don't want to say the...
OP, I'm so glad you started this thread! Replace Emma with Kalynn and that's us, all the way down to the grade : It's SO frustrating.. I wake her up at 6:15am, so I usually have her in bed by 7:15pm. One thing that struck out with me is checking her adenoids, etc. My daughter has a huge tumor underneath her tongue due to NF1 that I wonder is causing problems with sleeping (doctors recommend against having it removed as they'd have to remove half of her tongue) I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by jnet24 finally a thread I feel knowledgable about We are\were in the same boat with our DS. We never knew he had hearing loss\ ear infections until he wasn't talking much at almost two. We alwaya has woken frequently, never had a fever, but probably always had fluid behind his ear drum. His fluid was so bad he fell in the moderate\mild hearing loss. I kinda didn't believe it at first bc of the same stuff you mentioned, but...
I noticed that one of my 3 year old twins, Ronin, has a few "quirks" too. I'm hoping it's just part of his age. Ronin is speech delayed.. For example, he gets upset when his hands are dirty. And if they're wet, he yells "Towel!!! Towel!!" I tried to put gloves on him because it's cold, he immediately took them off, and it was the one with the tag. Of course, I'll cut it off for him. He doesn't like his food touching and if something touches something else, he gets very...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksenia Although ds isn't an obvious fit for being on the spectrum, he is coming off as more "wierd" as he gets older (he's 6 now). We invited all of the families that participate in his homelearning class to a potluck/playdate and no one came. His only friends are 3 kids who are neighbours and who have known him since birth -- two are older (8) and know how to manage him, and they've all been coached by their parents in how to...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2xy I might add that, when routinely babysitting, I no longer think of the child as a "guest." I think it's perfectly acceptable to set boundaries with your groceries and even ask the child's mother to provide a snack. As for hiding your food from the child, I don't see anything wrong with just saying, "We don't use those foods for snack time in our house, sorry," and offering something else. I totally agree with...
Leah, I'll give you an example. Kalynn was being mean to a friend that spent the night. You could tell the girl was hurt Kalynn kept saying "C'mon! Let's go play!" I had to explain to her that the girl had her feelings hurt because she said something mean to her and that she didn't want to play right then. She didn't realize that she had hurt her feelings. It seems like I have to explain to her that kids are hurt, or they don't want to play, etc.