or Connect

Posts by kalynnsmom

My daughter is 7. She was diagnosed with ADHD by 2 neuropsychologist. She also has Neurofibromatosis type 1. I have read that kids with ADHD also have sensory issues. But I wonder if Kalynn has ADHD and SPD, just SPD or ADHD with sensory issues. She's been like this since she was younger, but it seems to be getting a bit worse. Here are some of the issues that we have: -VERY sensitive to sound. We recently went to a skating rink for a birthday party. When she would...
I have twin boys that are currently in PPCD. They go everyday from 7:45am to 10:45am. May I ask what the hesitation is to put him in full time? Perhaps I can share my experience with you? I'm in Texas as well, DFW area. I've been to many ARDS for my children, not only do my twins have special needs, but my daughter as well to (she's in first grade). And, my husband is a special ed teacher as well. In the ARDs I've attended for my kids, everything is put in writing, and...
I had no clue. My nausea really wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was worse with my daughter. The only "sign" was the u/s at 7 weeks :
My boys are almost three (next Friday!!!). They can be SO rough with each other. The other night, Ronin threw one of those plastic cookie jars at Ryker's head. He had a huge bump from it. They hit, push, bite each other. It's so heartbreaking and frustrating..
Too funny! I have twin boys and my daughter was four at the time. I had explained to her about the umbilical cord. While we were changing the boys' diaper, she said "I had one of those when I was a baby!" thinking it was the umbilical cord :
Quote: Originally Posted by One_Girl I went to one girl scout meeting with dd and decided that girl scouts weren't for us. They charged $10 a month after the initial setup fee and the money you have to put out for a vest and a badge. But the worst part was that the people at the meeting were all very religious and said that anyone who wasn't was Un-American. I didn't want my dd around people like that. I remebered girl scouts as being fun but this...
I'm a Co Leader for my daughter's troop. She's in Brownies. She loves it and we have a great time. I love the Girl Scout promise and law, it's some great values to instill in our girls. The leaders definitely make a difference as far as troops. I love that our troop can make a difference in the community. As far as cookies, I don't think you HAVE to sell cookies but it's nice to have the $$ to do things like trips and to purchase badges that the troop earned. There...
I went away for 3 nights and 4 days. My twin boys didn't wean, and went back to nursing
I ran into the same frustrations with my twin boys' old pediatrician. At the hospital, she actually berated me for wanting to nurse. My boys were losing too much weight (according to the pedi). I expressed my desire to nurse them. My doctor said "Well, my DD is FF'ed and she is fine! I see lots of sick BF'ed babies all the time!" OK, well, I never said anything abut formula, I just expressed my desire to nurse. Then she proceeded to tell me that most of her twin moms don't...
2 of my kids have NF1 and my DH has NF1. You're right, it doesn't skip generations. If you or the father have NF1 there is a 50% chance of inheriting it (like my kids). People can get NF1 through a spontaneous mutation however. NF1 varies from person to person so it's hard to say what to expect. My DH has a mild case, he has scoliosis and Dyslexia. My DD has optic gliomas, plexiform fibromas, ADHD and some other disorders, not sure what just yet. My DS1 is...