or Connect

Posts by venustx

What sweet boys! I have triplets so we had some NICU time, too, and seeing your kangaroo pictures really took me back. And WOW, you were rocking those heels on Mother's Day! Welcome, and thanks for sharing the pictures!
that is how it always was for me, too - getting "lucky" with 3 sick babies that I was only desperately needed by one at a time. I'm glad they're feeling better, and I hope you all get a little extra rest soon!
I had a dream between conception and the positive pregnancy test that I had triplets. I laughed it off at the time...and then gave birth to triplets 8 months later.
Do you have any specific questions regarding issues you are experiencing or are you looking for more general advice? I don't have any particular tricks to share, but I do have triplets (18 months old now) so I wanted to respond. We just followed their lead on sleep and always had a routine, but not really a schedule. I did feed all of them when the first one woke up at night, but I always fed one at a time so the third one was waking up by the time the first two...
My triplets were born the same day as your twins. I had severe supply issues from the very beginning so I know my feelings are biased by that. For the last 2 months I pumped, I almost never got more than a half ounce per session so 3 ounces sounds like heaven to me! I was only getting about 3 ounces total per day. I feel that even the little breastmilk they were getting at that point was beneficial and I refuse to believe anyone who says otherwise. If you're...
Yes, if she made it to 35-36 weeks they will be bigger than 3 pounds. My triplets were born at 34 weeks and were all over 4 pounds. One was almost 5 pounds! I would make them for at least 5 pounds.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaeliz I feel like such a "lazy" mom in the respect that we never really had a "nap time" per se. They just slept when they needed to. I guess I would say that they've been down to one nap for a while, but sometimes they take two. I just don't have the energy to track it, or to be too concerned about it! I am exactly the same! We have a definite routine but the kids (I have 16-month-old triplets) dictate it. ...
Sorry I'm so late, but congratulations!! Your first babe was born a couple of weeks after my triplets, and I can't believe you already have two more! They are gorgeous! Congrats again!
Quote: Originally Posted by kjoy2 What Novella and I were trying to express is that we don't agree with the sentiment expressed by the chairman that blindly following the OB's advice will magically clear one's conscious no matter the outcome. At the basic human emotional/spiritual level, I reject that hypothesis. Me too, that's why I said the reason for possibly listening to him shouldn't be that, and why I said he was misguided in saying it. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Novella Certainly there are cases of in-touch and aware and more naturally-guided obstetricians - male or female. Then isn't it possible that the OP's OB is one of these? He has made some conservative suggestions (and many would argue it would be irresponsible of him not to, since there is a very real chance of uterine rupture leading to one or more babies dying, and patients deserve to be informed of all of the...