or Connect

Posts by Momof2Flowers

I live in South Bend.  I have 4 yr old twin girls that we are going to homeschool, so I would love for them to have a little group of friends to meet with. I've lived here my whole life, there just is not alot of AP families around.  More than there used to be I think, but It's just hard to meet like minded families.  I haven't ever gone to the Holistic Moms group either because I'm just not that much of a large group person, but getting together with a small group...
My reply was super long so I just sent it in a PM.
Thanks.  Good to know in the back of my mind.  I'm planning not to bring it up directly as I'm not planning on getting pregnant in the very near future anyway. I need to see if I'm right about my thyroid and try to loose a little bit of weight I can't seem to budge.  And honestly, when I decide to get pregnant again, It's not like I have to let them know if I'm seeing a midwife anyway since they don't even do OB.  Do you mind me asking how much Dr. Cavallo costs out of...
Just curious as to which OB you found?  I want to use one of the midwives in Goshen for a VBAC in the future.   I'd rather pay one of them out of pocket as I have no maternity coverage anyway.  When the Affordable Care Act kicks in next year there is a good chance I will get coverage so I was curious.  Thanks!
I would say meet with the person your Doctor recommends.  Maybe see her before you are pregnant and you can have a discussion about her views without the pressure of all ready being pregnant.  If you don't like what she has to say, you can just move on without worrying about you and your baby's care.  I'm sort of in the same situation.  I left my OB/GYNS office, I had a c-section with my twins and want to VBAC next time.  I also no longer have any maternity coverage.  My...
Thanks so much for replying!  I made an appointment today for Feb. 28.  I kind of like the fact he doesn't do OB. Do you have any idea how he feels about using Midwives or home birth?  He sounds very refreshing but I just don't want to be thrown if he's super negative about the subject if it comes up.  I've been brushed off so many times and now in hindsight of course, I know just some simple lab work is all that is necessary.  I tend to have super heavy periods and...
After some more research, I think I am going to make an appt with Dr. Carlton Lyons.  It looks like he has left OB/GYN Associates of St. Joe and opened his own practice, Northern Indiana Center for Pelvic Health & Gynecology.  I've read some great reviews and it seems like he is a real listener & not pushy.  It also looks like he regularly checks T3 & T4 on top of TSH.  I'll report back after if anyone is curious.  Or if you have any experience with him, please let me...
I am looking for an OB/GYN in South Bend/Michiana area.  The more natural minded the better.  I need well woman care as I am behind on it, and I suspect I have some thyroid issues going on. The Doctor I was hoping to see, Dr. Uthman Cavallo @ Physicians Holistic Health Alliance in Granger (who sounds amazing actually), unfortunately does not accept insurance and I just couldn't swing it without it.    I'm not so much worried about Obstetric care because I don't have...