or Connect

Posts by mommyemma

edited
First of all, congrats! I found it really helpful to read all the threads under Unassisted Childbirth here on mothering.com. There are all kinds of questions and different things people ask or have to deal with. It helped me a lot to read up on something mentioned(if it wasnt explained here) to understand risks and know the broad range of normal. Being this your seventh(or at least many behind!) Im guessing you have a bit of experience to lean on and follow the little...
Thanks! I would hope anyone with common sense would not even attempt to go digging around in their uterus I was thinking more on the lines of homeopathy or herbs tho, that could help. I have passed some bigger "clots" myself after birth, in the next couple of days after birth. It can happen naturally that way too of course that small pieces come out with your flow. I have heard of some women retaining pieces for many months. They must not always cause infections then? The...
I'm asking on behalf of a friend. She just had a UC yesterday/last night(YAY!) and everything went well. I'm guessing she had a water birth. She wrote in a message that the placenta looked whole, but it ripped. She isn't sure did a piece get left inside afterall. First I want to ask is it possible to get the piece out yourself naturally, if it's still in there and how? And secondly, what symptoms can she look for, if any, if there is a piece still? I'm thinking everything...
Wow! I can see how my life has been lived inside a box! Reading these responses has opened up another realm for me! Amazing. It's so sad how it affects and what it effects when you're caught along in the mainstream. It's also sad how social media has such a strong influence on what paths mainstream takes.This way of life seems pretty practical and quite right. But seeing how easily I am influenced...I still have questions How have you come to put yourself in such a heavy...
Has anyone heard of The Incredible Years by Carolyn Webbster-Stratton? I am interested in what others think compared to other methods. I don't know much about it muyself, but some have recommended the class to me.
HA HA Thats pretty good:) Let's go on vacation, attendance can still be taken:)   Thanks for all the replies. It really made clear the matter. Can anyone tell me more specifically then how you start? If you dont send your kids to school, dont have any school material to teach, but rather let the kids learn while they live.......is your day then just getting up and going about your every day routine, finding something to do? Or do you actually plan or intentionally engage...
Has anyone gone ahead with a UC and with low amniotic fluid? Has anyone successfully tried to make more and how? How common is this? A friend of mine is in her 37th week and supposedly has one 5cm sac, I guess just and just enough. What would you do? Any info on this is welcome!! Looking more for support of course than being ''shot down'':)
There is a medical term for having less than normal amount of water, right? Is there any way to make more? What risks are there during birth? Is this caused specifically by something? I know I can research on the net myself, but I thoroughly enjoy mothering's responses!! Is there reason to go to the hospital or is it still safe enough to stay home?
How nice to read up more on how common this is! My second out of four, a boy, has really tested my sanity for at least the past half year! Last spring we had ''social'' help coming once a week for 2-3 hours because I was so exhausted from different things. I remember them (there were 2 ladies) telling me that I'm going to have lots of trouble with my oldest. They were having trouble with her. I told them that funny, cuz I have no problems with her, but with my (about) 3.5...