or Connect

Posts by allisonrae

I was nervous the first time I nursed in public. The first woman I saw came up to me and told me to keep up the good work
I started looking into natural childbirth when I found out you can save quite a but if money by skipping the epi (what can I say? I'm frugal). Then I watched a coworker go from fine before her birth to having back pain at her epidural site every afternoon. Even a year later she was having it. I thought "I'd rather have a lot of pain for one day than moderate or even mild pain everyday for the rest of my life". Didn't want to take the chance. (Funny how when talking about...
Anyone have drastically different length labors? I had my first babe about four months ago. It was a drug/intervention free birth. Labor was 39 hours. I veiw the experience as somewhat traumatizing but generally very positive. Like, it was horrifying at the time but I was glad I did it and would do it again, if that makes sense. But I am really hoping it will be a bit easier next time. And my hubs is like "remind me why we are against c-sections?" Anyway, I'm wondering...
"I was feeling ashamed when getting the stitches that I was not totally calm and 'cooperative and everything but constantly shaking and crying and pulling away, unintentionall" Me too! I felt like a whiny baby. I kept apologizing but the midwifes laughed and said I had earned the right to complain. It just wasn't the moment of bliss I had anticipated. I truly thought I would be so caught up with the baby I wouldn't care about anything else. Instead I was having to...
Birth story My LMP due date was Oct 3, but I told everyone my due date was Oct 2 based on a calculation from when I believed I had ovulated. (It was only one day, and really silly but I so hate the assumed ovulation on the 14th day of your cycle thing). I was huge and uncomfortable and had decided not to go back to work starting on the first. I was so nervous I wouldn't go into labor for another week or more and use up a bunch of my leave before the baby was born. But I...
I know this is kind of an old post but I actually just made an account to comment. Reading these comments has made me feel so much more at peace with my own birth. I had my son about four months ago. I wasn't afraid of labor at all. Now I'm afraid of labor though. I was in labor for 39 hours. I was sleep deprived and it hurt like hell. At one point I remember crying and begging my husband and doula to let me give up. Finally after two and a half hours of pushing (with...