or Connect

Posts by Erica13

Flavorfull, I don't really know why my doctor wants me to stop in 3 months...I think it's just routine for her. My policy is to let it go and discuss it only if/when it comes up again. Hoping she'll be understanding. Thanks for sharing about your experience with tandem nursing!   Hiking for truth, I identify with you about full-time nursing! It seems like my 9.5 month old nurses all night long too! He was sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at night from 3 months old until 6...
Loved reading this thread. My first baby will be just over 17 months old when this new little one arrives. I especially appreciated the book suggestions. Magrat, my first baby is very active so I'm sure he'll keep the new baby entertained. I am a bit nervous about making them both feel loved and special with DS being so young and needy still when this new baby will be born. 
My DS is 9.5 months old now and definitely still nursing. My OB/GYN said that I can nurse him for about 3 more months. I'm planning on nursing him as long as I have milk, but am a bit nervous about my milk drying up or decreasing half-way through this pregnancy as I've heard that can be common. I really don't see how he would be ready to wean any time soon. I'm thinking about adding some formula occasionally so at least he would be used to it and we'd know if he was...
Hello! My name is Erica Age: 37 Baby #2 Due sometime late November I think We think this one will be another boy I'm from the US and live in Jordan currently
 We had the same thing with baby's last DTaP shot. I made little sock rice bags and heated them in the microwave. Right after he got home from the vaccine I put them on his legs where he was given the shots for about 20 minutes. The redness was almost gone after that. He also went that day and the next without hardly eating anything and really had me worried. I didnt connect it with the shots though, but since you mentioned it perhaps that is what it was. I finally ended...
Another trick for mastitis is natural apple cider vinegar. When I got mastitis a couple months ago a friend told me about this trick. She'd had mastitis 25 times over the span of nursing 3 children and finally went and asked a dairy farmer what he did to prevent it in his cows. He said he gives apple cider vinegar to his cows. If you have mastitis, drink a tablespoon in a cup of tea or coffee every hour or two till it goes away. Then after that drink 1 T daily in a cup of...
My baby still isn't on a regular schedule. I try to have him in bed between 9:30 and 10pm at night, but it seems that something often throws him off. Last night after I laid him down he rolled around and played for over an hour. Then his tummy started hurting after I gave him an anahistamine for his cold, so we dealt with that and then he finally went to sleep around midnight. daytime naps aren't consistent either. He usually eats around 6 or 7am and then goes back to...
 Veggieviola, I feel with you on the difficulties with a good latch for the side lying position. It didn't work at all for us at first, but when he was about 9 or 10 weeks old he started getting it better. Sometimes though it still seems like his latch isn't the best for the side-lying position and I'm not able to do much to fix it, I'd also love to hear from the old pros on this one. 
Baby Smurf,   Yes, actually, I do have allergies to ragweed...so far not to latex, thankfully. That is interesting that bananas are cross reactive with both of those things.    JNajla - when my baby had gas and an upset stomach practically ALL the time, I cut out almost everything that could possibly be an offender from my diet. After 3 - 4 days he was feeling much better and after a week I slowly began introducing new foods back in one at a time. The foods that are...
The food I eat for breastfeeding has been challenging here too. The first two months were so hard with baby getting an upset stomach so often! Dairy was a big one, as well as green beans, bananas, onions, garlic, chocolate, etc. Thankfully now that he is almost three months I've been able to add some of that back in, as long as it's not in too large of quantities. Going off dairy was difficult - I really missed my cheese! Then last week, my husband bought a bunch of...