or Connect

Posts by demeter888

Your method is, when your argument fails, to make personal attack, lie, and go off topic and make vague assertions.  You haven't got the research or data but like to talk about it subjectively because you have an agenda you can't seem to accomplish.       Maternal satisfaction isn't that difficult to quantify, you just don't like being wrong.   I never once said expectant management for birth is ideology driven.  Everything is ideology driven.     You did not say SOME...
  Obviously, what somebody considers significant danger can be subjective.  I consider attempting a vaginal birth in most hospitals in the USA to present a significant danger to me personally after having done it before. That is why many of us stay home the next time. Is unplanned major surgery a significant danger?  It would seem that many posters think so.     If that is the case, and you are planning a hospital birth, women already have a 30% chance (statistically) of...
Others familiar with this procedure whether planned or emergency, please add anything you feel it is important to find out about cesarean, comment or correct any errors in the questions I have.  These could be directed at the hospital in which the cesarean is to occur OR the surgeons who could be providing it.    For anyone planning to give birth, it is a good idea to prepare yourself for the possibility of cesarean.  There simply is an inherent risk to the...
Everyone:   Here is something I want to tell women who haven't given birth about the risks of c-section:   Infection, embolism, blood clot, thromembolism, hemmorhage, adhesions, abnormal placentation in future pregnancies which can lead to severe complications, subdural hematomal absess, future sterility, nerve injury, back pain, cardiac arrest, trapped epidural catheter, high block, nausea, vomiting, itching, uterine rupture, rehospitalization, headache, human...
  Your statement is offensive and ignorant.   You seem to ignore data altogether in favor of wild personal opinions and personal anecdotal experience to the point that I wonder if you understand that I am a different person with my own ideas and beliefs that just don't fit in with your fringe network.  Maternal satisfaction in elective cesareans happens to be extremely high in recent years.  Step outside your box.   I'd be happy to post a large number of studies or direct...
This is all fine and well and I tend to agree with you, but the point of the scenario was that the data was present for you to be convinced.  Obviously if the data was paid for by special interests it would not work for you.
  1. This book looks interesting, thanks for the suggestion. 2. Your being unclear about c-section scenario data revealing only short-term or long-term safety is understandable.  I left this open for interpretation, it helped me to see whether a person would choose to acknowledge either possibilty or automatically look for a reason to invalidate the scenario altogether.  But, the main reason I avoided this detail is because the scenario has a lot of possibilities for...
  I don't think anyone will ever agree on safety, that is why I posed the question to be whatever data is needed for you.  Do I think all moms would or should choose c-section?  No; why would I take away what many women wish to experience and helps to kick off an amazing bond with their child, if that is what they value most?  I think moms should choose with as much data and awareness as possible based on their values.  How closely moms and care providers are willing to...
  Statistics was only a small part of the hypothetical scenario.  The way I raised the question, the idea of a set whatever data (be that reports, studies, trial, stats) somebody needed to prove for themselves that c-section was safer. One point I made early on was that, understandably, not everybody makes decisions like this. Not everybody believes these things are absolsutely knowable.  I'm still a proponent of natural childbirth for some women, wish we knew more about...
  It is not a discussion of other people's biases, it is a discussion of everyone's biases.  Implying that this is somehow one-sided is just not representative of the thread or what I have said personally.  The question itself, while it definitely raised other questions, really raises all the valid questions I wish more people would ask in the first place:   1. What are the true potential complications of vaginal birth compared to c-section for me, really?  2. Is safety...