or Connect

Posts by demeter888

I agree with this.  I am not OK with television, especially violence, being around our son on a regular basis.  He knows how storngly I feel about this and generally tries to respect it even if he feels differently.     On the other hand DH likes to spoon feed our son and really enjoys it even though our son is not learning to feed himself very well; IT means a lot to DH to spoon feed him so I let it go.   I started getting slappy when my son was kicking me just before...
  OK, I'm going to have to disagree. I don't agree that there needs to be more moral lecturing/public opinion one way or the other and do not consider that support.  If someone needs support, there are other more convenient ways to get it.   I don't think he meant any harm, either.  But it's still none of his business.  For all these strangers know a mom is considering giving up breastfeeding and lamenting over it; the last thing they need is a moral lecture one way or...
I also love Pingu.  Especially older episodes.  Yeah, my 2-year-old loves Pingu too.  I just KNEW Happy Feet was crap all along and when I found Pingu, a light went off as to why I've always liked penguins:  It's that flappy noise they make when they walk.     Other than that, nothing has stuck.  We watch it for a few hours about once a week and it's my go-to when all else fails.
I came here originally believing in Natural Family Parenting as the natural answer.  Since giving birth I have become quite disillusioned with not only that but many things I was inspired to try as a result of coming here. Especially seeing some of the fear-based, anti-authority, and ideologically judgmental beliefs, I would say I'm much more of a science and medicine kind of gal than most here.  I sometimes question whether I should be on the forum at all. But I respect...
I was soooo nice and patient at first, but over the last few months it's really getting to me as I near my due date with our next baby.  My son turned 2 in april and he is just not impressed by how upset I get when he throws his food on the floor.  I'm starting to feel like I am not doing something right as a parent.  This is one of the first lesson we teach our kids about right vs. wrong and is the beginning of them developing conscience.  I really want to teach him the...
I would never tell anyone breastfeeding is easier because it is different for everyone and I personally didn't give formula until DS was over 12 months old.  I suspect that, over all, formula would have been easier for me.  It certainly would not have been more rewarding, though.     I also get tired of people going on about how great breastfeeding is; I even had a guy at airport security who inspected my frozen breastmilk start telling me how it's the best thing I...
  It's always good to have a doctor's number handy in case the blues continue afterwards.  However, more often than not, and few people talk about this, motherhood brings amazing hormones and energy and focus.  I am excited for you as it sounds like you are more ready than you feel at the moment:-)  You will very lilely understand when he is here how amazing and fun it is to be a mom; it took my son being born for me to 'get it'.  All the best.
I didn't try to get pregnant until about a year after starting my thyroid meds, and the pregnancy went well but require increases in meds.  This pregnancy my thyroid levels have remained unchanged throughout.  So, even without a before and after thyroid treatment, I can tell you each pregnancy is quite different already.   *Make very sure to check your thyroid within a month of giving birth and thereafter whenever you make a change to your breastfeeding schedule or...
I breastfed and wore my baby (not all the time) and coslept until he was 12 months old, and he is absolutely wonderful as a toddler. In fact I wish he was MORE clingy; he is rather independent.  I think clingy babies tend to have clingy moms, to be honest, and that this behavior has nothing to do with attachment parenting.    I really think that you should allow your instincts to nurture and bond with your baby take the lead and not allow a man to interfere; husband...
I think you are overwhelmed right now and being pregnant makes it even harder.  What I think you need to do is see if somebody can come and watch your kiddos for the day or preferably the entire weekend.  You need to get some good rest and as much quiet as possible to deal with this ASAP.  Then, write down each of your concerns like you did here; but do it *one at a time*.  Carefully address what can truly be resolved, what is just a worry, and what is something that...