or Connect

Posts by demeter888

I am already in a meetup; just too tired right now to go to any meetups.  But I need to!  My son is an extremely reasonable, emotionally balanced, and manageable two-year0old. He rarely has tantrums that last for more than 1-2 minutes and he even lets me give him medicine and trim his nails.  I feel him shifting just from being around his grandparents in the last few days.  He says "no" to me constantly and is just very unfocused.  Just like DH LOL.     Hopefully it's...
    Good ideas.  I can't help but giggle at our MILs. The poor things! I have made a rule that she is the only one allowed to feed DS ice cream in the house, which is his favorite, and only once a week.  I will work on more activities too, thanks for the suggestions.
Glad you brought this  hypo test up, because I don't even remember it from my DS being in hospital.  I will ask about it. Thanks!
Captain, I really, really, really needed to hear all of that today.  Many thanks!
  Cyclamen,  I went and found your post about your daughter.  I am so glad you are still here sharing your story.  It was so painful, so touching, and such an important reminder to me of how very precious a pregnancy in and of itself really is. A good friend of mine recently lost her pregnancy and I take nothing for granted. This memory of your daughter under the stars is just the most amazing and special way I could imagine honoring a child and I hope you and she will...
    I'm just crying, and so sorry for your baby.
This is going to really piss off some people, but even my mom who gave birth completely drug free, agrees:   When you bend an acrylic finger nail really, really hard, bordering on tearing off the nail underneath.  It throbs for a looooong time and hurts for a few days after that.  And yet, my stupid a$$ would go back for more acrylics.  It's much more painful than tearing the actual nail, I'm guessing partly because of the weight of the acrylic as the blood flows to...
   I posed a question a few days ago asking what if it could be proven that c-section was safer for mother and child despite it's own risks, would you still choose natural birth?  Most people said yes.  I would have said yes before I had my son, too. But everyone has a different experience and perception of that experience. I did not believe the women who complained about the trials of natural birth.  I didn't want to because my hypnobabies told me that was wrong!  My own...
DS turned 2 in april and I'm expecting our next baby in September.  I interact and play with him extensively throughout the day and also encourage playing alone in our dining/family room while I'm in the kitchen or another room.  We have a long bar I can peer over and see what he is doing.  He takes the chair from the dinner table and slides it over to the bar so that he can climb on the bar and take whatever he wants.  Other than this, he is generally pretty safe to be...
    I have barely slept because I am so upset about the attitude of my inlaws.  I went to sleep at 2am and was awake before 6am, scouring the internet for Dr Sears and AP articles about teaching and discipline for toddlers.  And I slept poorly.  You hit the nail on the head;  I'm extremely anxious.  I'm doubting myself, wondering whether the things I have been doing were any good at all and contemplating a huge overhaul to everything.  This is just not good timing and...