or Connect

Posts by demeter888

Everyone is biased but the facts are clear; the study is inherently flawed.  It's too bad.  I wish I had more time to put more together on this.
  Identitycrisismama:   I saw the ACOG chart and am familiar with their opinion on elective c-sections.  But there is a reason informed doctors are willing to not only perform these themselves, but would choose maternal request for themselves as well.     I have delved further into understanding the political, financial, and ideological motivations of ACOG and many other sources of these opinions and concluded that it's best if I TRY to understand the data myself.  That's...
My mom used to work for the CDC and I am extremely cautious of believing reports they put out because of how politically driven it is.   Especially this CDC report. It is simply wrong. There is at least one counter to the report with a very sound case as to why the report is flawed here:   http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/does-c-section-increase-the-rate-of-neonatal-death/
  SInce this is being brought up again, I am simply going to respond to it because there should at least be a balance in views.  Your quote from this article doesn't really include the full scope of what it is saying, so I will post a bit of that here:   "some data suggest an association between ECD and increased neonatal respiratory morbidity and lacerations, and possibly decreased central and peripheral nervous system injury. Potentially increased risks of neonatal...
  In that case, congratulations and thanks for the update:-)
Cute:-)
HI Tilly,   I'm due in spetember.  We are both extremely pregnant; I think our perspective will change when we have another bebe to focus on.  Will it make our lives perfect? No.  DH bought me a dozen long stem roses last night.  His parents are coming to stay with us this weekend and I couldn't help but feel that this is why he bought them; he wants me feeling good about us so that I'm not threatened by his behavior once they get here; which becomes even more...
      I think these are both great suggestions, and ultimately I need to accept that I have a two-year old and it's not going to get any simpler for a long time.  
  I hope you don't feel so horrible/afraid any more!  I have seen that there are always going to be some who judge and criticize in every group, and crunchy moms are far from an exception, ironically.  There is a fringe group of moms who just want to challenge the status quo because they are paranoid or control freaks or both; they do the right things for the wrong reasons.  So, I can see how being judgmental would make them feel all the more morally superior.  Thankfully...
  DS just didn't want food too much.  He was semi-interested and might have one small meal (like half an avocado and some plain yoghurt) per day at 12 months.  I think this is because he had never been really hungry in the first year of his life after the first week he was born and I was a very anxious mother who fed him if he even looked at me funny.  He almost never cried.  He spit up twice in the first year; he just adjusted really well to breastmilk.  I introduced...