or Connect

Posts by lydilu

Another question- my doc said we only have to wait 4 weeks after the vax to try to get pregnant, and that is what the CDC also says. However, Merck's insert for varivax says you need to wait 3 months to get pregnant, and another website said you should avoid even being around pregnant women (and newborns) for 6 weeks after the vax. Is there another vaccine that I would get, not varivax? Why all the discrepancies?  
According to Mercola- "Up to 20 percent of adults who get chickenpox develop severe complications such as pneumonia, secondary bacterial infections, and brain inflammation (which is reported in less than one percent of children who get chickenpox)." He goes on to say that most have compromised immune systems, but I still find that number high.
I'm currently trying to decide if I should get it myself, as it can be much more serious in adults and for pregnant women (and I don't take getting vaccines lightly, my dd is currently unvaccinated). I read that prior to the vaccine, adults only made up about 5% of cp cases, but accounted for 35% of the deaths. I don't know what age it gets worse, I would just ask your doctor for what info they have and why he chose that age.  
Yes, I know the risks are very low which is why I'm even considering it, but since I recently had a friend develop GBS after his vaccines (not varicella), I would at least like to know what the possible reactions are. My husband has had shingles twice as an adult so I know how painful they can be, and I know there can be serious complications. Is there evidence that shows the vaccine can prevent shingles outbreak? I know that being naturally exposed to cp is supposed to...
I've been ttc #2 for over a year and just switched to a new RE who decided to test my varicella titers when doing my blood work. It came back "equivocal", and he wants me to get the vaccine. The only time I had cp was when I was a few weeks old and all my siblings had it (very mild). I looked up the stats and there is a less than 2% chance that my baby would have birth defects IF I even contracted chicken pox during the first 20 weeks. After ttc for so long and having a...