or Connect

Posts by sunshinelove

It sounds like she might be too smart for her own good. She has so much intellectual ability but very little emotional ability--this would frustrate anyone. Its as if her emotional intelligence cant keep up with her mental intelligence, so she is probably wanting to express herself in different ways but doesnt know how. It also sounds like she's hard on herself, probably a perfectionist, so she feels like she needs to always win, excel, be right, etc. This is why she...
That is horrible, OP . I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. None of this is your fault, your ex is acting selfishly and childishly. I agree with a PP who said that him and his GF were looking for an excuse to move abroad so it takes some of the blame off of him. Thats BS, though, your girls didnt do anything wrong, why should they have to be automatically thrilled about this new baby? It sounds like they were already being left out, at least emotionally, from...
I learned it as "internal genitalia" vs "external gentalia" (look in any medical or anatomy textbook). If we're going to be so particular about teaching kids body parts then its important not to dismiss the internal genitalia. What if your daughter has pain her ovaries? If you only teach her about the vulva then she wont have any clue whats going on. Also, its important to explain the internal genitalia before she starts menstruating so she doesnt become...
What about the uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, and ovaries?
Katelove--But vulva isnt a collective word for all the parts of the female genitalia--thats just the part you can SEE. Thats actually a small percentage of the total parts. I grew up using the word vagina as a collective term and i see nothing wrong with that. If people want to make that distinction they can but honestly i dont think it really matters other than for technical purposes. I thought more about this and i realized that a lot of little girls arent even aware...
You guys had great timing with asking about me and my baby . After being a whole month late (i may have been off by a week) the contractions started as soon as i started trying to fall asleep (about 1 am), baby boy was born at 9:14am (april 19) at home. He weighs 8lbs4oz and looks just like his daddy. Name and pictures to come soon.
-i went to 4 different high schools -overcame an eating disorder as a teenager that nearly took my life -visited Tahiti -almost drowned in the ocean as a toddler, my aunt saved me -i'm clairvoyant and clairaudient -i'm an unassisted birther -have healed a tremendous amount of emotional pain and grown considerably because of it -was a raw foodist for 2 years -my hair was only a few centimeters long (buzz cut) for a few years
I dont know, maybe i'm a dodo but i like the idea of using the word "vagina" as a reference to the entire female genitalia. The inner and outer are very much connected so why distinguish them (except for detailed circumstances like talking to your doctor)? Is it simply to sound proper? What i'm referring to is a lot like the term "yoni"--its referring to the entire female genitalia in a sacred way. My vagina includes all my female parts even if the dictionary says...
I know that a lot of people are against only teaching the word vagina, but i feel like when girls are little it works just fine. I dont see the value in having her distinguish between vulva and vagina at a young age, it will probably confuse her and that doesnt help any. If she comes to me and tells me her vagina hurts i'm smart enough to figure out if its a UTI, infection, rash, etc. If she tells me that someone has been touching her vagina then it really doesnt matter...
That sounds like it was really, really hard.Having to go out in public and deal with all the judgement must have made it 100 times worse! I would have cried if that happened to me.OP, why do you feel compelled to help? Is it because you cant stand hearing small children cry? Do you think they're crying because their mothers are being mean or neglectful? I used to think that way before i became a mother--i'd see kids screaming in stores and i'd think their mothers must...