or Connect

Posts by moonlight123

Hi,   I'd like toy/activity suggestions for my almost 8 year old boy. Something that he can do by himself when we or his brothers aren't able to interact with him.The restrictions: -preferably no plastic -no screen involvement -should involve solo play (we play tons of games as a family) -done indoors   I always feel like this kid is bored if he is not allowed to be on a screen. We only allow screen time on the weekends and on long car rides.   I'm already...
Hi,   I am looking to buy beautiful educational materials. Here is the caveat...It can't just be blocks that have learning value, but rather something like these that are explicit in what they are trying to teach:   http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Goose-Presidential-Blocks-pcs/dp/B004FGOCDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394960259&sr=8-1&keywords=presidents+blocks   Or...
I second the Key To series. If you are looking into a book to read: http://www.amazon.com/String-Straight-edge-Shadow-Story-Geometry/dp/1892857073/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358625008&sr=8-2&keywords=string+straight+edge+and+shadow Awesome book!
This is very awesome!!
I had a well intentioned mama that told me I missed out on natural childbirth, that it was empowering for her and she went on and on. That still bugs me!! My first c section was because I was scared and listened to the doc. It might have been avoided. I will never know, but I have a beautiful and healthy boy as a result. My 2nd c section was unavoidable because of a kidney issue in my baby. I chose to have a c section with my third. I have asthma and had a very anxiety...
I think I signed up before, but don't remember the details... Anyways, I am a mama to 3 boys. We homeschool in Abu Dhabi and are loving it. Been here for over 3 years. We were in beautiful Oregon before this and it is our soul home! So much for a lengthy intro, my baby is waking up...
I completely agree with Miranda...just wanted to add in my support. Where there's a will, there's a way! You can do it Mama!
Double post! Just getting used to the forums. Have been a lurked for years, but finally decided to come out of hiding!
He probably really needs the time. Can you introduce fun ways to learn? Play games with him. Check out the book Family Math. There are three different versions of it--preschool, elementary and middle school years. Check out Dreambox Learning online. Pull out manipulatives. Check out the Mathstart books. They are books you read to your child that introduce math concepts. Also, look into Miquon Math and Right Start which are both very gentle. Oh, and search Waldorf Math and...