or Connect

Posts by swebster

When I was young (K through 2nd grade) my parents, along with a group of like-minded folk, started a co-op. They hired a teacher, found a space and voila! a school. The age range was pretty much K-5, the curriculum was wild (we spent 30 minutes every morning "centering" ), parental involvement was heavy, but still allowed for outside employment and everyone benefited from it immensely. I still have my journals from those days...awesome. So now I'm ready to create...
Thanks Mandy-I PM'd you!
Camden is about 35 minutes NE of columbia (I think that's what DH said...) DH's friend is a giant of a guy and is all about the babywearing...I can just picture him walking down the street getting all sorts of looks. I know he'd be willing to drive any distance just to be somewhere for a few hours where he doesn't feel like a freak. thanks for the love! keep it coming!
Hello, I'm posting from the frozen North on behalf of my husbands best friend, who has recently moved to Camden, SC. This poor fellow has had to adjust not only to a drastic change of location (he's never lived in the south), but is also suddenly the stay at home parent of a two year old. I feel such huge empathy for the guy, I remember being so isolated when B was born and if I hadn't found this MDC community and then a local ap-yahoo group I never would have met the...
I'm not a tandem nurser (only have one dd who's almost three), but I can really relate to what you're saying none the less. Two things that might help.... First read (or reread) this article about tantrums. We were going through a really rough patch of tantrums a while back and both DH and I were stuck between feeling like total failures as parents and like we might really just want to toss a certain someone out an open window. We were really operating under the...
I've noticed that when I'm dehydrated it feels awful to nurse.
I just wanted to write again and say thank you and that I think I've found a solution! I was able to find a local LLL and spoke with a leader who was so wonderfully helpful. She mentioned that dd's latch could have gotten sloppy with time and that with my new nipple sensitivity due to pms hormones (the most likely culprit), a sloppy latch has turned into a very painful latch. When I got home from work and sat down to nurse dd I asked her to open her mouth really wide...
thanks for your support.... I'll call the clinic today and see what I can find out. There's no sign of a milk blister and she's definitely not teething. I had ruled out thrush because I was unable to see any visible signs, but perhaps I should treat for it anyway with some GV. I wish I could find a place that sells grapefruit seed extract, but haven't had any luck yet. whoops...dd has discovered me on the computer....
I've searched the forums, and think I've figured out what's causing the pain, but haven't found any solutions. DD is two and a half and we've had a marvelously pain-free nursing relationship thus far. My period returned on Dec. 23rd, however and I seem to remember that right before I had a few days of mysterious nipple pain that eventually went away. Well, the past 5 days have been absolutely awful awful awful. When she latches on it feels like a million little...
that is so perfect! thank you! any more out there? maybe a raggedy andy type short yarn do? (for dd.....::up:b igeyes:)