or Connect

Posts by Kavita

Quote: Originally Posted by amyamanda With DH home all the time, I wonder if I'll be able to keep him from dipping into stuff I'm otherwise rationing. I hear you. Although I'm not totally dependent on my pantry, if I were, I would seriously hide my stockpile of chocolate chips and cashews!! I seriously get so frustrated, my DH loooooves both these things and if left to his own devices he will completely chow down. I've actually just...
Nothing to contribute on the original topic, but I just have to say that I have had a great time surfing around as a result of some of the links posted on this thread!!
Quote: Originally Posted by kittynurse I *am* up pretty late most nights - maybe the phone sex thing might work? Martha Every time I thing about phone sex I think about that music video (was it Motley Crue's "girls girls girls?" Not sure . . . ) that starts out with some guy on the phone sex hotline and there is this gorgeous hot babe on the other end of the line, and at the end of the video you see that the gorgeous woman on the other end...
Okapi--personally, if the dentist is willing to do payments interest free and you're sure that you can pay them off within the time frame, I guess I'd probably save the emergency fund . . . I don't know, though. I'd try to find out what happens if it doesn't get paid within that time frame--like are they going to charge you an insane rate of interest? I think there are two possible ways to look at it--either a debt, but also possibly as an inevitable monthly expense. ...
I was pretty bothered by this show too. I haven't watched it more than a couple of times but I am an avid Grey's watcher, and since it was on afterward I ended up just keeping on watching. Ugh, what a dramatic load of crapola. Yes, you can die of the measles and many people used to. But it's not that common, and you can also die of anaphylactic shock after a vaccination. It's right there on the package inserts, for crying out loud! Not very common, but the...
I'm sitting here wrangling with the finances--taking a little break. I really dislike our bank's online banking--things take *forever* to post as individual transactions after they've already been deducted from the available balance as "pending transactions" but the pending transactions are all lumped together, so it's difficult or impossible to see what exactly of the checks or debits or bill pay amounts have cleared and really balance the account. Grrrrrr. We're...
Quote: Originally Posted by madiesmommy Anyone else keep their EF in cash in a lock box at home? I was tempted to put it in the bank, but I don't want us to "see it" and want to transfer it and spend it... Um, just DON'T keep it in a box of crackers!!! Did anybody see that article about a family who bought a box of crackers from Whole Foods and found $10,000 in it? They contacted the police and turned it in. Whole Foods later contacted the...
I don't know-- but I wanted to just point out that one of the things to consider is that some companies will originate your mortgage but then sell it to another company, so if you are going with someone who does that you might end up with a different mortgage company than you started out with. I think they are required to tell you in advance if they do this practice, though. We got our mortgage through a local mortgage broker, and our initial mortgage company was...
Quote: Originally Posted by Awaken LOL, I think Kavita wins that award hands down! Oh, I think you get the Most Thorough Catch-Up Post award. I think I'm a front runner for Most Frequent and Rambly Posts award, though.
Woo hoo! This is not directly DR related but since I was saying on here a while ago about DH not getting a bonus or anything--DH just got a $100 gift card to Whole Foods from his boss! (Boss knows we shop there.) : I think that's a pretty awesome present! (And I appreciate it that much more because we're sort of trying to reign in the grocery budget these days and really watching our spending in the food area more than any other.) On the bummer side I have a dental...