or Connect

Posts by Kavita

Quote: Originally Posted by Legless Funny idea on the Pizza. For us, though, the problem isn't with people eating leftovers, it's that they never get served, and usually rot in the fridge while a newly-cooked meal is served. Freezing doesn't help much, as leftovers in the freezer are generally ignored until we run out of room for newly purchased food, in which case we do a sweep, and throw a bunch out. I think the largest challenge is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mtm Welcome lactivistmama, if you want to post your budget some of the posters here are great with helping out! Kavita, good job on getting that card paid off, what jokers putting a $3 fee on top : Sounds like you are on the right track with your last cc. I wish you were near me, sounds like the fridge I'm coveting. Contrariety, jump back in now, don't wait for January for your fresh start. A bonus sounds...
Ugh, I could swear that I posted here earlier today!!! Congrats Crunchy!!! : It's great that you've accomplished getting out of debt!! Here, things are moving along: BS 1: Done, with a few hundred extra thrown in for good measure because I'm paranoid! BS 2: Card #1--paid off. Except that somehow they have charged me 3.82 in finance charges. Credit Card #2--Balance around $8000--DH is going to make a payment of $3100 later tonight, which will put us at...
I have to report some Ella hilarity. The other day, she's walking around talking on her cell phone, having a very involved conversation. (I have an old cell that was replaced and long out of service, and so I took the battery out and she plays with it sometimes.) I was working in the kitchen and she comes over to me and says something like, "Mommy, say something. Shhhh!" So I said, "Shhhh!" and she got very upset and said, "No, you talk, and *I* say "shhhhh"!!" I'm...
I think you can also explain the situation and ask them to take the item off your report. Even if it doesn't work, you don't lose anything by trying. And if you are in a situation like applying for a mortgage or anything, I think usually you can write a letter explaining the spotty thing on your credit. It'll be okay in the long run!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by llp34 I had a similar problem at an old house I used to own. The man who had lived in it for 40+ years kept getting mail there. I ended up going to the post office and meeting with the post master, and they re-instated his forwarding address that had expired about a year before I bought the house. They also put an alert on my address for my mail carrier that his stuff should not be delivered to me. I also called the...
We're working on some stuff in the basement too--if you were in my house you would never think that we had any problems with clutter or organization or cleanliness from the main living areas of the house. However, the unfinished part of the basement is horrid!!!! And our desk and laundry areas down there (in a finished area) are in need of some serious clearing and cleaning up too. My theory on this is that the basement is sort of like the subconscious of your...
Mel, I hope you have a better evening and the bleeding and cramping stop quickly and you enjoy an uneventful weekend! Nakedy kid--yeah that here too sometimes. Usually the pants get jettisoned for the potty or in the process of getting dressed and then it just doesn't happen. Theresa--I was going to respond to your initial post but didn't get a chance. You've already gotten a lot of feedback, but I was going to say this--it seems to me like you have two issues...
Ditto--our scores are at least in the mid 700s and we got raised by citi from 7.9% to (I think) 14.9 percent. That card is paid off so I didn't pay that much attention except to get mad and note that I won't be using that card anymore. Definitely lights a fire under my butt to get out of debt all the way and stay out!!!
Appropos of nothing, i just have to share this crazy amazing thing! So, when I was first pregnant with Ella (like 7-8 weeks or so) I was lying in bed sort of half asleep and the name "Ria" popped into my mind. I had a feeling that this might be the name for the baby if it was a girl, and I did feel even then that it was probably a girl. I'd never heard the name (except for like Rhea Perlman!) but then I asked DH about it, as in, "What do you think of this name?" and...