or Connect

Posts by Kavita

Quote: Originally Posted by flapjack My daughter likes scary and inappropriate TV. Especially Doctor Who Ella's favorite show right now is "Dirty House", ie, the American version of "How Clean is Your House?" I've been getting DVDs of it on Netflix and watching it, and she likes to watch it with me. Of course, the irony is that as we've been spending more time watching DVDs our own house is getting dirtier!! My house is pretty bad right...
Quote: Originally Posted by mtm 2little. If you want to get intense, you could cut/reduce a lot of the entertainment. I count over $300 worth of stuff here. I would give yourself 100 max and choose what you want to keep, dump the rest and up your snowball. YMCA $55.50 CBS College Sports$9.95 Blizzard (Warcraft)$16.31 Blizzard (Warcraft)$14.99 School Meals$85.00 Et cetera*$43.80 Comcast $107.39 AES$51.99 (what is ...
Sounds like you might like joining us in the "Dumping Debt and Building Wealth with Dave Ramsey" thread, since it sounds like basically more or less what you're doing.
Amy, I will be happy to do a holiday celebration together. (I'll try emailing you from my yahoo account--for some reason I'm having problems with gmail, it won't let me type!!) Maybe a combo-Hanukkah/Solstice celebration or something? I was giving some thought to doing a little Hanukkah party at some point, actually . . . I always mean to do it but never do! My Hindu husband keeps me on the Jewish path, at least when it involves gastronomy--he really loves Potato...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gunter why are all the 3 balls of snow called "snowmen"? Because they have SNOW BALLS. :: Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! Last year the one good snow we had wasn't enough for a decent snow human of any sort, so we ended up with a very small snow dog. It was almost like a snow Yorkie, disintegrating into a chihuahua! LOL! Q of C--not to speak for Amy but the friends in question are through Jason's...
I wanted to post again on this topic because I wanted to say, that I didn't mean to sound like a total grinch!!! I was mostly responding to Amy's friend's comments, which are pretty extreme and sorta oppressive, actually, in not wanting to even acknowledge other religions or holidays, much less admit that they are valid as well and that the people who celebrate them deserve equal respect and deserve a place for their own beliefs and practices in a religiously...
Yes, we non-Christians are sometimes a bit hostile to the holiday season, because there is a presumption in this country that Christmas is celebrated by everybody, which equates to the belief that everybody else is Christian, which equates to the belief that this is or should be a Christian society. To those who either practice another religion (or none at all) or just believe in the ideal of a nation fundamentally based on the belief of freedom of religion and the...
Okay, I'm going to be the voice of dissent here . . . although I agree with not agreeing with the "teach me" part, I sort of like Lexie and Sloan. I thought it was kinda hot. :: Then again, I predicted that one a while ago, so there ya go. I was also sort of weirdly thrilled to get to see his apartment for some reason! I didn't like him much before but I really have been liking him more in recent times . . . he seems like he's trying to develop and be a better man...
Denvergirlie and AuntNi, you've reminded me of a good point--which is that I think although I can lump some things together, I realize that I *should* definitely track spending for medical items, at least ones that are reimbursable by a flex-spend account! It may not change the amount I spend, but I'll have a better idea next year at open enrollment when we go to set an amount for the FSA! With our plan they give us a "benefits credit card" which we can use just like a...
My dad's surgery went great and he's recovering. yay! thanks for the good wishes! Not sure whether he's going home or staying in the hospital for a bit--the doctor said he can go but they'll keep him if he feels more comfortable staying. I don't know what he'll decide--when I talked to my mom she hadn't seen him yet. (In the meantime I've changed all the sheets and washed our pillows and sheets and am catching up all the laundry. One thing about being nervous is...