or Connect

Posts by thispathisme

Lol thanks for the replies. I'll try to pronounce it tie- turs from now on when I'm reading.
I read it always as tee-turs. Finally looked it up and got tie-turs. Called the docs office, they said tee-turs. This polio outbreak in Syria got me thinking, so I'm getting my levels and my children's levels checked next week. They remain unvaxxed, but I'd like to know what's been passed on, since I was vaxxed. And I'd like to know how "immune" I am. Then I'll go from there... This process is very difficult!
If ever I'm not sure about something like that, I just make an appointment with the doctor. The worst that'll happen is they'll see your DC is fine and send you home - that's pretty good actually! Always go with your gut. And with a DC who can't say what is wrong if anything, it's better to be too cautious than to keep wondering what if. My DD, also 13 months, has sleep crawled off the bed twice. It was the mattress on box springs. Now I've got just the mattress on the...
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm on my phone so forgive me if I don't reply to everyone who took the time to write. Doc was a man. And I may have come off unsure.. But I did so purposefully hoping to avoid a hostile response which I found I was getting when I clearly stated we were no vax and the reason why was because that was what we thought was best. If course that wasn't true but I wanted to give the impression that the decision was made to avoid any follow up...
Thanks everyone. Yes, I was feeling super vulnerable and overtired and stressed. My decision to not have my DCs vaccinated comes down to not feeling well-informed enough to make the decision that can't be reversed and having a general mistrust/uncertainty with the medical community in terms of immunizations. It is a decision I need to keep marinating on but I'm so thankful to be able to come here and chat with folks in the same boat. Trips to the ER and times when the kids...
Ma2two, no it's not anything I haven't heard before. It's just difficult hearing the same things from the professionals over and over. And I'm just in an uncertain place right now (new job, solo parenting, kids in daycare and no longer home with me, in between homes) it's just a lot right now and getting the call from the daycare was scary. I guess I know some vaccines are completely not even a possibility for me, and then there are others where I'm still not sure and I,...
"You're putting your child at serious risk of being harmed by disease. And there are no studies that I know of that show that vaccines are harmful. And the doctors who have spread rumours about them being harmful have been discredited and had their licenses stripped." Says the ER doctor to me in a very nice way. DS got hurt but the wound is superficial so we're all good but we had to make that trip to the ER and the doc did ask if he's all caught up on his shots at which...
I voted quit stressing because I do believe it will all work out. I'm in the same boat, saving to buy a house again and I've given myself 1 year. Yes, I know it is difficult to live under someone else's roof and all that comes with that. But it sounds like you get along well with ex-in-laws. Working 2 jobs means you will see your son for a few hours on the weekend, not much quality time. I get what you're thinking, I get why you want to do it, but I really feel that one...
Does he like to watch TV? Maybe next time he asks for a diaper to poop ask him to sit on the potty for just a minute. Turn the TV on and he might zone out and relax enough to poop.
Wow. Great information. Thanks to you both for taking the time to reply. Lots to think about and good points to get me started. DS is a great passenger and not a problem at all in the car. He HAS recently started to unbuckle his chest clip - not to be naughty but he seems to just like to play with buckles and now has figured out how to unbuckle it himself.