or Connect

Posts by Ema629

I am having trouble understanding the anti-vaccination movement, so I was hoping some of you would explain why you personally chose to not vaccinate your children. I am really interested to learn more and I think I would do so by hearing your thoughts on the matter. I'm confused about what route to take with my baby. Thanks!
Hi zaismama! I just wanted to check in to see how you were doing. I don't know if you will see this, but I hope things worked out. Ema
My DD never took to a paci, but my friend with twins did. Her kids always had their binkies, and she decided with her hubby that it was time to say bye bye to them. She got all of the binkies and cut the tips off during dinner. When the twins asked for them at bedtime, she said sure and gave them the altered binkies. The kids said that they were broken and threw them away. They went through all the binkies, declaring them all broken, and throwing them out. After dad read...
The tricks I use for diaper changes are:1. Give DD a small flashlight, she loves playing with the light on the ceiling.2. Roll of tape. Give kiddo tape only during diaper change. The stickyness is fascinating. Somtimes I'll stick tape on her hands, face, belly, and feet, and the time it takes her to find and unstick them from her body and investigate each piece gives me just enough time to change that diaper. It's a fun game and I go over body parts with her at the same...
I have issues brushing DD teeth, she's 13 months old. She gets her tongue in the way and I have no idea if I'm actually brushing teeth! She just wants to get the toothbrush wet and then suck the water out. It's cute, but I don't think we're accomplishing much. I don't want her to hate brushing her teeth, so I'm hoping for a turn-around soon. Clipping her fingernails is impossible as well. I can only do it when she's asleep.
My baby had exactly the same issues. She would poop once or twice a week for the first several months of her life. This freaked me out, but our doc reassured us that our baby was fine. She was absorbing the nutrients of my breastmilk and just didn't produce much poop. She peed like a champ though. The issue of gas took me some time to figure out, so I hope this saves you some time. I figured out that I had to cut out all the foods that made me gassy...broccoli,...
I feel your pain! My baby didn't have the poop issue yours has, her issue was allergies that caused congestion and she was a gassy newborn. I had to cut out dairy, soy, all acidic foods (citrus, tomato), and all foods that made me gassy made her really uncomfortable (beans, cauliflower, broccoli, eggs...). I felt like all my favorite foods were taken away and mealtime, which was always enjoyable for me, suddenly became a chore. Eating was so boring but I didn't want to...
Very sweet poem! Thanks for sharing. :-)
To help ease the transition, you might think about recording you singing his naptime songs. Dad can quietly dance to the recording, gradually sing along, then go solo. They need time to figure out their own rhythm, and you rushing home to the rescue is great mommy instinct, but it's not giving them a chance to figure each other out and bond. It takes time, patience, and practice. Since there is a strong association with you and naptime, maybe think about dad putting the...
You are in a tough spot. Your letter really has been weighing on my mind for almost a week. I couldn't respond because I am honestly angry with your husband. I don't know if you will get this, or if I'm too late. You are doing everything to try to meet the needs of both your DD and Husband.....your husband meanwhile is only trying to get his needs met. He sounds selfish and immature. You came up with several options to get to a place where he got his bed back the way he...