or Connect

Posts by KristenLynn

It looks like I am going to be accepting a new job in Salt Lake, and will be moving there with my husband and 18 month old son. (We live in Mesa, AZ now). My son has been in a Montessori school since 12 months, and has been thriving there. I would love to find a Montessori environment for him in Salt Lake. Any reccomendations? I'm aware of the Montessori Community School in Sugar House, but am wondering if there are any other good options I should be considering? ...
I just received a job offer and will most likely be moving to SLC in the next 30-60 days. I will be moving with my husband and 18 mo son. Am looking for any and all feeback/advice on the area, particularly: --Good schools or daycares for my son? He has been in a great Montessori toddler program since he turned 12 months and would love to find something similar. --Good aread to live, or resources for finding houses? Ideally we would like to buy, but may rent initally...
It takes me about 15 minutes per session, and I have extra parts so I just do washing at home at night rather than after each session. I went back to work when my son was 4 months old, and I would nurse him at 7, pump at 9:30, go home at 11 to breastfeed at lunch, and then pump again at 1:30. Home by 3:45. Now that my son is a year-old, he just started Montessori school and I dont nurse him at lunch anymore. I still do my morning and afternoon pump sessions....not sure...
This was me a few months ago! Our situations sound very similar as well. My mom watches my son while I am at work, and I go home at lunch every day to nurse him. It has worked out well. He is so loved and they are very attached, and I dont think he has been hurt at all by my working. Sometimes I feel sad, but it is just me feeling sorry for myself that I miss out on things. It will be hard, but you can do it. As far as breastfeeding go, it is not as difficult as I...
Thanks Lauren!  I did also post it in the Arizona forum.  I hope that we can find a "third parent" as well!
Hi All!   I am desperately searching for an AP-friendly, loving childcare provider for my son FT beginning in April.  He will be 6 mos old at that point.  I have found lots of great places for toddlers, but nothing I like for my baby.  Any suggestions?  Any SAHMs who might want to take on a sweet baby boy?  He is so accustomed to being held constantly and loved up, I just feel sick about having to leave him somewhere where they will stick him in a crib during the...
Oops, I meant to put this in the Arizona forum.  Any suggestions here would be appreciated as well though!
Hi All!   I am desperately searching for an AP-friendly, loving childcare provider for my son FT beginning in April.  He will be 6 mos old at that point.  I have found lots of great places for toddlers, but nothing I like for my baby.  Any suggestions?  Any SAHMs who might want to take on a sweet baby boy?  He is so accustomed to being held constantly and loved up, I just feel sick about having to leave him somewhere where they will stick him in a crib during the...