or Connect

Posts by underthecalisun

Hello, Looking for recommendations for midwife for home birth in Santa Clara, CA. I had a natural birth with my first child in a hospital, but ended up with a last minute episiotomy. I'm determined not to be in that situation with this pregnancy. I've heard good things about Ronnie Falcao and Rosanna Davis, but concerned that it may take them some time to reach me. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!
I’m in the process of interviewing nannies for my 19 month old daughter. After talking to several people, I finally found one who I really like. Her parenting philosophy matches mine to the tee. I’d describe myself as pretty crunchy (co-sleeping, EBF, vegetarian, EC, gentle discipline etc.) and so is she. In her ad as well as the in-person interview, she came across as pretty genuine and deeply caring. Her references all had good things to say about her.   The only...
Hello Mamas, I'll be away from my 17-month old DS for 3 days and 2 nights, traveling for work. Unfortunately, the travel cannot be avoided. DS BFs about 3 times a day (before I leave for work, after I come back. I'm typically gone between 9 AM-5PM) and who knows how many times at night! I used to pump at work untill DS turned a year old at which point he started to refuse the bottle. We haven't gone back to the bottle since then. Couple of topics which I could use...
Hi,   I'm a FTM to my 16-month old son. I went back to work when my baby was 4 months old, but I was very lucky to have my parents/his parents to care for the baby untill now. My son is EBF, I continue to breastfeed, we co-sleep, he shares meals with us, we have ec'ed him since 3 months old etc. in essence, we practice attachment parenting.  DH and I have spent some time looking for and interviewing nannies. We are having a hard time finding some one who...