or Connect

Posts by Kharma1182

Well, I'm typing one-handed as I nurse my 3-day-old UC daughter (fifth birth, first UC).     Baby 1 (38 weeks, 7lb3oz) was an induced hospital vaginal birth with epidural.  Dr let Daddy catch her.  Not a bad experience, all-in-all.   Baby 2 (39 weeks, 5lb4oz) was a spontaneous hospital vaginal birth with no meds.  The experience of actually *feeling* his birth was wonderful, but my OB nurse was a bitch (I worked at that hospital as a CNA, knew her, and we didn't...
Awww!  Wonderful birth story!  And born the same day as my own fifth child Faythe!  She also had a short cord (about 17-18 inches), also, my second child I sent myself into labor by mowing the lawn also, lol!  I think it's cool that you're Messianic.  :-)  I myself am not, though I attended my sister's synagogue for about a year, ten years ago, and it was a wonderful experience.  In fact, in labor with Faythe, I was dancing to Kol Hamessameach (sp?) in my living room....
Took Faythe to the health dept today.  5lb 10oz, 18.25" long.  They said my estimate of a birth weight of 6lbs was likely pretty accurate.  And I was only 0.75" off on her length.  :-)   We've been contacted by a reporter for the local paper (friends with my fiance's family) about doing an article about our "unusual" birth.  We're considering it, with some conditions, such as annonimity (sp?).  I think it'd be great to get the awareness of unassisted birthing out...
Here is the cut and paste of the birth story that I posted on Facebook.  :-)   Faythe made her debut this morning at 6:28am in the back of a friend's car on our way to the hospital.   For the last three pregnancies, I've planned to homebirth unassisted (without midwife or other medical personnel).  The last two didn't end up working out that way, but I didn't give up hope, and tried again.  I've encountered a lot of opposition from un/mis-informed people, especially...
gratefulstella, if I may ask, where in Nebraska are you?  And did last night's storms affect you?  I lived in Edgar (southeast of Grand Island) for a while.  Edgar got hit by a tornado last night, and I know the weather was rough elsewhere too. Anyway, yeah, isn't that stupid that a father can't catch his own baby?  
Water broke last night around 9, tried all night to get things going, finally gave up about 5am and went to bed.  Up at 1pm, and within an hour contractions started.  At almost 3pm now, they're about 4 mins apart, and uncomfortable, just a bit painful, but not bad.  I want so badly to go for a walk in the woods, but we've had too much rain, and it's a swamp out there, lol!  Guess I'll have to settle for the field beside our place, lol!   {EDIT} Oh, and I don't think...
I don't have a way to monitor heartbeat, but she's staying active.  Took a hot shower a couple of hours ago, contractions slowed WAY down, but then my water broke.  They still haven't picked up again.
The title about says it all.  Approx 25% effaced, 3-4 cm dilated, and it hasn't changed a bit through almost 24 hrs of strong, painful contractions ranging from 2-9 minutes apart.  Baby is well engaged, head down, but posterior.  I'm exhausted, I'm getting discouraged, what can I do?
UPDATE!  Great News!   Had that long-awaited ultrasound today!  After 3 months of wondering and worrying about whether the baby had arms or not, and if there might be any other defects, we finally got our confirmation today!  The first thing that popped up on the screen was two gorgeous, perfect arms!  I bawled!  For 3 months now, I've been replaying that ER doctor's words in my head, "We can't detect any upper limbs on your baby.  I'm sorry." and cursing myself for...
Wow, lots of different opinions on the rhogam shot, lol!  Still not sure what I'm doing with that.  Baby's sperm donor is not in the picture, and I don't know what his blood type is.  I did get my insurance card though!  So I have my first prenatal appointment scheduled for the 19th.  Hoping to be able to get in for a scan the same day, but I don't know how they do things here, if that'll be possible or not.  Baby's been kicking up a storm!  If she doesn't have arms, she...