or Connect

Posts by bazil323

I just have a newborn, so I have not used any products yet, but I have heard/read such good things about the products that I am already sold on them!
Wow, I had no idea hemp was so sustainable: able to aerate the ground with its deep roots and able to be composted right back into the field for nutrients.
I agree--if you are not comfortable, try a consultation with someone else. All the benefits of a home birth can be negated if you are uncomfortable with the person/people you are with. If you can't find another MW who will do a homebirth, you could look into a birth center. Otherwise you may need to compromise with a hospital birth with someone who is very natural & VBAC friendly. Here's a link to what a direct entry MW is (CPMs are direct entry midwives who have passed a...
Oh, awesome recipes ladies!   Here's one that I've never tried to freeze, but I think it would work ok. We've made it a day or two ahead and then baked it the day we had company over, and that worked great.   2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed 1 pound linguine 1 regular package of broccoli florets   Gravy: 1 package Southeastern Mills Peppered Gravy mix (the one that makes 3-1/2 cups total) 2 cups milk 1 cup water (you can reverse the amounts of...
I think there are a lot of great posts above on your other questions, but I thought I'd clarify what the third stage is. The second stage is the pushing stage and ends with the baby being completely out. The third stage is everything that happens after the whole baby is out and ends basically with when they leave you alone, lol. The third stage includes the delivery of the placenta, cord clamping (some choose a lotus birth which means they don't cut the cord and let it...
Love Silas! It's actually kinda similar to my DH's name (Xylis, pronounced with a Z), and when we were dating, a lot of my family thought we'd said Silas when I introduced him, lol.
I see both sides, and since I'm in an inbetween stage of life (not that far out of high school at 8 years after grad & preg with first child), I'm torn between the two. As someone who was somewhat recently through high school, I knee-jerk reacted with heck no! Yeah, it was tough trying to figure out what to wear to fit in (although somewhat easier in the two rural, small northern Wisconsin schools I attended versus the bigger city schools I'm sure), and we could not...
If anything, focus on healthy eating & exercise. I would not ever bring up the way the child looks or how much she or he weighs. When they are growing, they will go through lots of changes, and as others have said, many kids go through a chubby phase especially right before a growth spurt. It's funny because my coworkers were just talking about this at lunch time. Their kids had gone through chubby phases around 9-12 and then suddenly hit a growth spurt and were thin as...
Michellepotter, would you be willing to do a co-sleeper next to the bed for those time that you wanted to drink more than 1-2 drinks? The only time that you would really need to give up safe bedsharing was if you were feeling the effects of the alcohol more than feeling slightly tipsy. Like it would probably be fine if you were not full on tipsy and definitely not drunk, just slightly relaxed. I really doubt that 1 drink (unless made with more than 1 serving, or even 2,...
Abso-freakin-lutely...for someone I knew who had special circumstances. My mom was very sick when I was born (UTI/kidney infection + kidney stones), and she actually stayed in the hospital longer than I did. She was on potent meds for the first couple weeks of my life that meant she could not breasfeed. However, she knew the benefits and loved BFing my 3 older siblings. Fortunately, several of her friends & family had babies around the same time, so they volunteered to...