or Connect

Posts by EarthWind

Hello everyone! I don't post that often but this thread caught my attention. I'm right there with you women! My son is now 3yo, and I finally now feel like I am getting somewhere on the healing path - but it has been a long haul. I had some serious depression only recently and realized it was time to go back to my therapist. It was very helpful and I can't recommend it enough. I also spent a whole lot of time processing the birth experience. I started studying...
Hi, I don't often post, but I thought I might have a couple of suggestions that may be of help. You may already be aware of this, but I thought it would be worthwhile to chime in. If you are not already doing so, I would highly recommend sitting in the tailor sitting position - i.e. upright, with legs crossed in front of you so that your legs are 90 degrees to your torso. Sitting in an upright chair that forces you to use good posture is great or sitting...
Hi Katherine! I pm'd you requesting your practioner's contact info - and I will also check out the website you posted. Thank you so much. And good luck to all you women who are or have faced these healing issues. Peace, Michelle
I just want to thank everyone for the great information in this thread. It was a very timely thread for me to read. I have a deep suspicion that my thyroid levels are pretty low - I have many of the symptoms. Lately I've been seriously considering finding an internal medicine doctor to check levels and all that jazz - but I can't remember the last time I used western medicine for illness (besides the homebirth turned hospital birth - and that is something I'd rather not...
Hi, I just wanted agree with the women here who have recommended that you wait until your baby is ready to be born before trying to force the issue. I am a student of midwifery and working on my certification as a childbirth educator and perinatal fitness educator (as well as being a mom of a 2 year old). In all of my studies, what I noticed the most is that once a hospital induction has begun (especially elective inductions for the doctor's (or mother's)...
Wow! Another midwife aspirer with bellydancing tendencies!!! (I know, I know, a strange way of putting it! ) Where else would I meet someone like you but on Mothering.com!!! You got to do some work on the Farm??? Boy, I'd really love to hear about that!! Were you training to be a midwife's assistant or a midwife? In June, I completed Elizabeth Davis' Heart and Hands Midwifery Advanced Intensive (she wrote Heart and Hands - great book if you don't already have...
Hey Lau! Thank you so much for posting this! I am very interested in bellydancing throughout pregnancy. I have only done a couple of classes years ago, but it came to my attention recently - there was a particular thread on the Midwifery Today site (the doulas area???) that talked about doulas using bellydance as a means to prepare women for labor. I was intrigued. One day I hope to be a midwife - but until then, it's childbirth ed, and I'm trying to get certified...
Hi, I just want to second what the other posters have said. I had a homebirth turned hospital birth - 62 hour labor, pit, epidural, almost c-section. My son's birth was a far from what I thought his birth was going to be as it could possibly be - short of c-section! I was in mommy bliss for 10 months postpartum. It was only as his 1st birthday neared that I began to question what happened to my ideal birth. Then I felt all kinds of things - anger, grief,...
Hello everyone! I have been coming back to read this thread over the past week or two - and everytime I read what all of you wise women have written, I feel something breathe within my soul. I so need to have these kinds of discussions - it's as if I need the reminders, the marks on the healing path. Healing is such a big word, isn't it? I don't even think we really know the dimensions that healing really can and does touch. I just wanted to let you all know...
Thanks for bringing this up, Luma. I, too, am still working through the healing from my son's birth - he's 28mo. It has taken some time and energy and has been quite a journey - I'm sure you all understand. For the first 10 months after ds' birth, I was still in blissland. It wasn't until he neared his first birthday that I realized I had many unresolved issues. I started doing some shamanic healing work, which was a good start for me - having healings done on me and...