or Connect

Posts by EarthWind

Hi, I'm training to be a midwife - just took Elizabeth Davis' Heart and Hands Midwifery Intensive and am currently looking for an apprenticeship. From my understanding, you will want to ask what kind of perineal support your doctor/midwife will be doing. You want to make sure that they will be keeping your perineum supported with warm compresses and lubricated with olive oil throughout the pushing stage. Warm compresses keep circulation in your perineum thus helpful in...
I have currently completed Elizabeth Davis' Heart and Hands Midwifery Intensive and that qualifies me to do volunteer doula work in a local hospital. I am excited about this possibility, but have recently found out that I need to be fully immunized. I'm betting this means having the Hep B vaccine, but I have researched this vaccine and found out horrible things about it - even for adults. I am also currently nursing my 19mo ds and know that there will be some leeching...
Hi Oceanbaby! What a great question! My ds (now 16mo - my how time flies) hated the sling for quite a while. I used the BabyBjorn until my shoulders couldn't take it anymore. But since I was really lazy and/or didn't have the time or energy to go looking for a stroller, I pulled out the sling again and messed around with different positions for my baby. With a bit of experimentation, I found quite a few positions that he was happy with - and I liked it much better...
Hi everybody!!! I'm Michelle and I'm taking Elizabeth Davis' Hearts and Hands Midwifery Intensive this winter! I'm so excited! I actually can hardly believe how interested I am in this stuff. I never would have expected it. I'm not really sure where this is going to take me - but the journey sure is a great ride! I may eventually become a midwife, or do childbirth education or be a doula. I'm not really sure. What I do know is that I love this...
Hey everyone! I don't post very often and there are only a few forums that I frequent. Gentle Discipline is where I often find myself since I have a 16mo ds and am now thinking about how to be in relationship with him respectfully as he grows older (I hesitate to use the word 'discipline' since I personally have very negative associations with that word). I just want to say that I am very, very grateful for the TCS presence here on this board. I am a newbie at TCS...
Hey everybody! I recently read a wonderful book that I bet ya'll would really dig! It's called Mother Mysteries by Maren Toder Hansen. My mother-in-law gave it to me and I can't begin to tell you how much it touched me. The author is an ordained Unitarian minister, a psychotherapist and one of the founders of the Pacifica Institute (a graduate school that Joseph Campbell willed all of his materials to). Anyway, she writes about the psychological, spiritual,...