or Connect

Posts by macrandall

That is a pretty ridiculous claim. There is no evidence that women having children with several different fathers is a new phenomenon. I would be willing to bet that there are no more families of this nature today than there were 100 years ago.
I am the oldest of 10 children. I was miserable for most of my childhood. I did raise my siblings and felt trapped by my family. We were never, ever financially secure and it was very traumatic. I'm still not fond of our large family today, which is hard to admit, because of course I love all of my siblings and wouldn't wish them away. We can't all get together comfortably, and only half of us have children of our own. In a few years I think we'll be very disconnected...
Take the meds. Take them now if you need them. I had horrible prenatal depression and had to take my lamictal in large doses. I continued after my babies were born. It wasn't an option not to. You can definitely find something that you can take that has been shown to be safe. Even with a drug that goes into the milk, the amount that a baby will get is very minimal. It's hard enough having a baby when you actually feel well. I wouldn't hesitate to talk to the doctor right...
  OMG, that is just fantastic!
Yes, this is very important. Mine are two months old and today I cleaned the kitchen and made dinner! I had to learn not to give myself a hard time over the small things. If all you do for days on end is keep the tiny humans alive, then there is nothing wrong with that!
The first month actually went fairly smoothly for us. We didn't have any help, by choice. We're introverts, and family offered to help, but we were much more comfortable doing things on our own. The biggest thing: cosleep. I can't imagine putting ONE baby in a crib. Having them right next to me meant even in the early weeks I was often well-rested. I tried giving baths every other day in the beginning, but now we just do once a week and it's plenty. Keep a changing pad...
Oh! And Baby B (Roxy) came out feet first! Which is a fun, twin-specific thing to tell people.
Twin names: Alice Chloe and Roxanne (Roxy) Etta Gestational age upon arrival: 38 Weeks Fraternal/Identical: Fraternal Time in in hospital (if applicable): Just the 2 days Anything else you want to share: The girls are two months old today (born March 14th)! Finally getting the hang of it, I think, and I go back to work on Monday. I'm down 50 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, we're supplementing, but only about 25%, and I'm proud of the amount I'm able to...
I wish I had gotten a few preemie things. My girls were around 6 lbs each when they were born and are just miniature now at 3 weeks. Newborn-size sleepers work alright, but they are definitely too big. I bought some preemie onsies when they were around a week old, but other preemie clothes are hard to come by, I've noticed. You can get by with onsies and blankets pretty well, but it would be nice to have a few things on hand so it actually feels like they are wearing...
The pelvic floor pain is going to haunt me forever. It's so horrible! It started in the second trimester for me and I was working from home by week 33 because I could no longer walk more than a few feet at a time. My swelling was moderate and I only had contractions here and there, but excruciating pain is very normal in my experience.